Ryu Hayabusa is from Ninja Gaiden for the Nintendo Entertainment System. He was added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover in version 1.1.
- Arrows - move left or right; climb up or down (while climbing)
- Jump (Z) - press while on the ground to jump; see Climbing Controls below for use while attached to a wall
- Attack (X) - stab with sword; uses ninpo while climbing
- Special (C) - use current ninpo
- Select (A) - uses second ninpo in classic power-up mode (requires fire power)
- Down + Jump - detaches from a wall without jumping
- Away + Jump - jumps off of the wall
- Jump (near top of wall) - jumps straight up, allowing you to vault over the wall
- Ryu can attach to walls by jumping into them
- Ninpo can be used while climbing
- Using ninpo requires ammo
- Get more by defeating enemies or hitting blocks
- Ryu's armor-piercing weapon is Windmill Shuriken
SkinsClick on an image below to view the sprite sheet for that skin.
Name Origin Special Effects Ryu Hayabusa Ninja Gaiden None Ryu Hayabusa Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Modified) None Ryu Hayabusa Ninja Gaiden Shadow None Ryu Hayabusa Ninja Gaiden (Sega Master System) None Ryu Hayabusa Sharp X1 None Ryu Hayabusa Atari 2600 None Ryu Hayabusa (Clone) Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos None Hayate Shadow of the Ninja None Kaede Shadow of the Ninja None Shadow Final Fantasy VI None Haggle Man Retro Game Challenge: Robot Ninja Haggle Man 3 Attacks hit faster Haggle Man (16-bit) Retro Game Challenge: Robot Ninja Haggle Man 3 Attacks hit faster
The two standing sprites on the top right of the sheet are used for idle animations.