Simon Belmont is from Castlevania for the Nintendo Entertainment System. He was included in the original version of Super Mario Bros. Crossover.
- Arrows - move left or right; press down to duck.
- Jump (Z) - press while on the ground to jump; press once while in the air to double jump
- Attack (X) - swing whip; if classic special is turned on, press Up + Attack to use your special weapon
- Special (C) - throw special weapon (requires hearts)
- Select (A) - throws second special weapon (requires fire power in classic power-up mode)
- Simon's special weapons cost hearts
- Hearts can be found by killing enemies or hitting blocks
- The classic simon cheat can be enabled to make Simon play like he does in Castlevania. Enabling it removes his ability to change direction in the air.
- Simon cannot break bricks by jumping into them
- Simon's armor-piercing weapon is holy water
SkinsClick on an image below to see the sprite sheet for that skin.
Name Origin Special Effects Simon Belmont Castlevania None Simon Belmont (16-bit) Castlevania None Mega Man Super Castlevania IV None Simon Belmont Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
- Uses sound effects from Castlevania II
- Enemies flash when hit
- Fully powered whip is flame whip
Simon Belmont Sharp X1 None Simon Belmont Atari 2600 None Trevor Belmont Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse None Trevor Belmont (16-bit) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse None Trevor Belmont (Game Boy) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse None Fake Trevor (8-bit) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night None Fake Trevor (16-bit) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night None Richter Belmont Castlevania: Dracula X None Richter Belmont Castlevania: Dracula X None Christopher Belmont Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge None Soleiyu Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge None Sonia Belmont Castlevania Legends None Whip Skeleton Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse None Alex River City Ransom None Kunio River City Ransom EX None
- The sliding sprite is currently unused.
- The Rosary and Jar of Invincibility are currently unused, and the Meat is only used in Simon's character select animation.
- The fire next to the Dagger is the death animation and all six frames may be used
- The animation sequence is 1-2-3-4-5-6
- The fire next to the Holy Water is the Holy Water explosion animation
- The animation sequence is 1-2-3-4-5-1-2-3-4