Fixed [2.1] Axe disappears now and then

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Faruga, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

In its animation, the axe in the castle has a few frames where it just isn't there. Only tested on SMB1 skin with Roll.

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I haven't seen this happening yet... any more information? Which castle, etc.

3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I refreshed constantly on the loading screen. I dunno why. I'm assuming it goes for everywhere with SML2 letters on a black background. Turn on SMB1 map skin in a castle and SML2 interface.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The axe issue relates to the way we set up the axe to have an "after" sprite, which is for cases where there is a switch. I don't know why, but it seems to be animating between the "before" and "after" sprites.

5. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Yeah I knew this was a bug. The way it works is a bit complicated. The axe has a variable amount of animation frames depending on the skin. I guess my formula for calculating it is incorrect.

TheomanZero likes this.
  6. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Oddly enough, this one only seems to happen in 1-4. I believe it is regardless of map skin used. You get this.

It only ever seems to happen in this level, and thats it. All the rest work fine. And yes, touching it does work properly, so I'd probably put this low on the totem pole of fixes :p

Still, it's mildly entertaining.

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Thanks Nemephosis for the video.

Merged the two threads

8. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Stranger yet, you can fix it on 1-4 by changing the map skin. Then the switch graphically behaves properly.

And it's ONLY on 1-4 this happens. It's really weird.

9. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I've just now discovered that this actually happens on the first castle you visit. So if you use the level select to jump straight to 7-4 or whatever, you'll see the axe vanish like that there.
    Probably why everyone just assumes it only happens in 1-4, and this might help narrow down whatever's causing it.

TheomanZero and Rey D like this.