A&S's 2.0 Game Over Runs

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by aliceandsven, Feb 9, 2012.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I'm going to see how far I can get with every character until a game over, and I'll record all of it for your viewing pleasure!

Starting with Link (coming later today!)

Link Part 1: Link gets a few cuts and bruises but makes it to world 5 looking fine!

Link Part 2: An embarrassingly short performance. After falling down a pit and face-planting into a Piranha Plant, it's Game Over!

RD-008: There's a lesson learned here... if you can't take the heat, get out of the castle! If you notice at certain parts, the video seems to skip. I had to edit out some confidential information, that's why.

Ryu Part 1: The legendary ninja slices and dices his way to world 4, but runs into big trouble at Bowser's castle! With only two lives left, can Ryu find a gap in Bowser's defenses...? Or will the goombas be eating Fried Ninja Rolls for dinner?

Ryu Part 2: Ryu doesn't make the cut.

Saymis: She drank a bit too much, stumbled into enemies fairly often, but somehow made it all the way to world 7 before passing out from confusion in Bowser's illusion castle!

Demon & Luigi: No I'm not good at either of them!

Bass Part 1: The Black, Orange and Purple Bomber!

Bass Part 2

Bass Part 3

Bass Part 4

狂人さん, Anon421 and roman6a like this.
  2. oh wow! I only saw the RD-008 one. I didn't now there was a 2 part link one:D

awesome

I really enjoyed your RD-008 one I'm going to watch the link ones right now :D

roman6a likes this.
  3. aliceandsven

Ryu's videos are going up right now.

pt1

pt2

Samus is next!

狂人さん, Anon421 and roman6a like this.
  4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

You put "Down Thrust Mother Fucker" as the description of the first Link video, but you never actually used DTMF.

5. aliceandsven

I'm pretty sure I did.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

DTMF is ever present in SMBC.

Dinospy_01 likes this.
  7. aliceandsven

8. TheomanZero

"DTMF" specifically refers to jumping in between Bowser and the moving platform above him, then using down thrust so you bounce up and down rapidly and kill Bowser in a few seconds.

9. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

No. Not it does not. "DTMF" refers to when Jay was playing Link in a video and used the phrase "Downward Thrust Motherfucker", and it got memetic in our little community. The Bowser/Platform/DWT combo thing wasn't even popular back then.

Rey D likes this.
  10. aliceandsven

Kyoo mentioned that it doesn't work anymore. I tried it only once in this run and got hit, so...

It was hilarious when it did work, though!

11. TheomanZero

!!?!?!?!??!???!!?!!?!!??

12. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

"Downward Thrust on Bowser" trick.

13. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yeah, you'll get hit in that situation, unless you are using the Invincibility cheat obviously... On Super Easy, it's 3 hits to kill bowser (barring Magic Sword, I am unsure, was speed running, and triple-bouncing Bowser was faster than axing him).

14. TheomanZero

That burst of punctuation was meant to indicate alarm and dismay.
    RIP DTMF ;_;

15. aliceandsven

16. aliceandsven

Since I already kind of stole this idea from Kyoo I moved it here to open it up to everyone

I guess this can be the game over run thread

17. aliceandsven