A way to see how levels look with skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You could mod Mari0.

Tell me how to copy-paste parts of PNG files in Python and I can get something up and running in "no time".
    EDIT: I've got all I need, I think.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Well I'm certainly curious, though I'm not positive on how practical it would be.

Faruga likes this.
  3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It was a planned feature of MX-Skin before I stopped updating it.

Faruga likes this.
  4. Faruga

Patron

There are some things that basically won't work, like the castles and the idea of more than one ground tile or something, but I think I'm doing okay.

5. Faruga

Patron

I thought I'd get back to it, after a week-ish long break. I worked out how to preserve transparency and stuff, so now all I have to do is almost copy paste a few lines of code.

6. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Are there any screenshots you can post to prove that this is indeed possible, and that you can do it?

7. Faruga

Patron

It won't *completely* work unless I decide to mod the code as well, but it's basically possible, and I'm working on it.
    In case you want to know how I'm doing it: I'm loading up pygame, drawing sprites from the sheet onto a surface and saving the surface to a PNG file in the appdata folder, where Mari0 will load it because LOVE2D is awesOHSHITPRETENDIDIDNTSAYTHAT