About Megaman's Jump

Discussion in 'Game' started by blobzie, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rednukleus

rednukleus Level 3: Paratroopa

Most people like Rush, though, am I right? I like him. It gives Mega complexity that keeps the gameplay from being boring. He is out of his element, in the realm of Mario AKA Jumpman. He needs his trusty coil jump to negotiate the treacherous territory. It is a cool idea.

2. I never tried it with the coil. and I've always made it, I don't need practice... I guess I'm just better than all of you

3. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Also, for those of you complaining about 8-4 and other jumps that are a bit difficult for megaman, Rush Jet is scheduled for a release sometime in the future, and would make these jumps no problem anymore. So there's no need to worry it.

4. I'll drink to that. I'll also add that Rush Coil doesn't need to be used in "every jump" like some people like to complain about; only once or twice in a level, at most. The vast majority of the game is perfectly navigable with Megaman's normal jump.

5. JinnTolser

JinnTolser Level 2: Koopa

That can't come soon enough for me. In the meantime, I'll be laying off Mega Man and focusing on other characters. Maybe I'll finally get around to getting good with Link sometime soon.

6. J Squared

J Squared Level 7: Bloober

Out of curiosity I pose a question: are you running before you use Mega Man's default jump? Let's take a look at some pictures, and I'll walk you through how to do stuff.

[​IMG]

The above is what you should not do. If you stand motionless on the edge of the 8-4 platform and jump from that position, you'll fall helplessly to your doom. You won't make it. You need acceleration.

[​IMG]

The above is what you should do. Position the Blue Bomber as shown. The position is what's important; the direction he faces is irrelevant. Run forward and jump. If you do this, you do have room for error. It's still tricky, but doesn't require to-the-frame accuracy or pixel-perfection. No offense, but if this pit is the best case you have against Mega Man's jump, I don't feel your case is very good. I do agree Mega Man has a more difficult time there than other characters. However, other characters have a more difficult time elsewhere. It's best, but not necessary, to mix and match characters to stages to which they are suited.

In response to your unawareness that the lava pit at the beginning of 8-4 can be cleared with the Rush Coil, allow me to post a picture sequence which should help you or anyone with the same problem.

[hr][/hr]
    [​IMG]

[hr][/hr]
    [​IMG]

[hr][/hr]
    [​IMG]

[hr][/hr]
    [​IMG]

[hr][/hr]
    [​IMG]

[hr][/hr]

These pictures were taken over 5 separate attempts, so if I can do this 5 times in a row I'm sure you guys can, with the help of the photostream, do it at least once. I should note, however, that clearing the chasm with Rush Coil is more complicated and has less combinatorial room for error than doing so with the regular jump. Unless you're trying as a proof-of-concept or personal conquest, stick with the normal jump.

7. J, I use your first method. I've done that since the NES days, back before SNES even existed. so it makes sense that I do it the same with everybody else. and I've made that jump every single time with everyone including mega man. :D because I'm a gaming god :D MUAHAHAHAHAHA ...that and my dad beat me if I didn't jump like that, he hit me and said "THAT'S THE SAFEST WAY TO MAKE THE JUMP!" he didn't like to see me make it all the way to 8-4, just to get a game over for jumping into the lava over and over again :p either way. I'm hardwired to jump like that in that part of the level.

I think using the rush coil would make it way to difficult megaman can already do it without the help of rush. with his megaman jump that's so awesome!

8. 10binary

10binary Level 1: Goomba

After reading this topic, I get the feeling that Jay needs to make a character with a REALLY lousy jump that makes people appreciate Mega Man's jump.

9. Snover64

Snover64 Level 2: Koopa

You mean like Radd, whom can't even jump at all?

10. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

If Radd/Ladd Spencer is ever added to this game, the forums are just going to be inundated with posts saying that the game is broken and that they can't jump as him. -_-

11. nicpen

nicpen Level 5: Spiny

That is, unless the grapple was the jump button.

12. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

"I keep trying to jusmp with spencer and all that happens is he shots an arm beam! fix this please"

13. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

megaman s jump isnt very helpful.

14. Painflow

Painflow Level 2: Koopa

Item-1 from Mega Man 2 would be far more suitable for these levels, if only one was allowed on screen at a time. Rush is just unwieldy and makes all the stages feel like Wily levels.

15. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

I personally have no problem with megaman's jump. I always choose different characters to suit the level I'm in. But when I need it Rush Coil does a pretty good job I mean he is pretty awesome, A ROBOT DOG WITH A SPRING! What more could you want? .... better jump I guess...

16. J Squared

J Squared Level 7: Bloober

A robot dog that functions as a sled and flies. Also a robot dog that functions as a submarine. :D

17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

And one that shoots lasers. Rush could do it with an upgrade.
    Dr. Light you lazy bastard.

18. hey when run into goomba at the beginning of stage 1-1 right after the first question mark block. I die. it doesn't matter who i'm playing as, it happens with everyone. the game plight when like this. I'd say judged off of most the post I read, this is the accurate place to post such a post. the game sucks because i keep dying.. that seems like I'm posting in the right place :D this games broken. fix it so I don't keep on dying. thank you

19. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

I dont quite understand....... You die when you run into goombas? That's sorta what goomba's are meant to do... they kill you when you run into them.

20. wiirdo

wiirdo Level 1: Goomba

Mega Man's jump is very helpful. Your post however isn't.

A lot of people seem to think that the Rush Coil is a downgrade instead of an upgrade. I disagree with anyone sharing that OPINION because Mega Man has the highest jump except for Samus and her bomb jump. I can't understand why people say the Rush Coil sucks and makes Mega Man a worse character to play with when you can play SMC and see for yourself that he jumps higher than the other playable chars. Try jumping the flag with Mega Man using Rush Coil and see how many points you get. Now try it with other characters. See the difference? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.