About Megaman's Jump

Discussion in 'Game' started by blobzie, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm right because I'm god, what ever I feel is right is right, it must be that way, because I'm perfect, becasue I'm god. and I feel this way. so this way is correct. end of argument.

nobody else opinions matter, not even Jay P. although it is his game. I'm god. so I'm never wrong, sure it's Jay's game, but I'm god and if I say it's wrong. it's wrong.

now stop arguing. or I'll send you to hell.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Hell is where the party people are!

*insert argument*

3. it's were i'll be going after my last post :p

4. berserkx33

berserkx33 Level 3: Paratroopa

Man, "end of argument" means end of MY argument!

If this was supposed to be like end of discussion, it would be "end of discussion"! You know, i don't want to discuss semantics, but it's very lickely i'm will be getting flamed every time i talk funny, haha.

5. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

LOL. That has happened to me a few times.

6. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

This seems silly I mean Jay has made a dream game here and we should be happy but...
    Because of a change [that of course was mentioned you can always play the old version] in Mega Mans jump.
    I mean to me it's no big deal but then again I use a game pad which was also mentioned to make things a bit easier. I guess there could be a toggle if Jay wanted to put it but if not at least we have this game.

I mean the only thing that would make this game perfect to me would be if Kevin Keene was added. :D But I ain't gonna complain cause I know it ain't gonna happen. Kind of makes me think of that song You Can't Always Get What You Want.

But hey life is like that. Same to be said about Rush.

7. haha you and I think too much a like, it's insane, I have been wondering why all the haters just don't play as megaman on the older version myself. I mean I got 3 version on my harddrive :p

and when i said think a like I was talking about your entire message not that little part I commented on. I remember thinking to myself how awesome it would be if captain N (Kevin Keene) was on there

8. J Squared

J Squared Level 7: Bloober

To both of you, and to anyone who posts similar content: backseat moderating is pointless and doesn't contribute to the thread. If you guys do take issue with a thread or post, report it by clicking the relevant button. Every single report is reviewed and, if the board staff feels the complaint has merit and / or the post goes against Jay's vision for the SMBC community, the post will be edited or deleted. If we feel the post is fine, though, it'll stay there. Trust in us to do our jobs and appropriately weigh the costs and the benefits of taking different actions in response to different reports.

I'm aware berserkx33 claims that he meant it was the end of his argument, and not an end to the argument as a whole. I just recommend, as a general notice, to report posts in the future.

Anyways, I agree with the opinions of berserkx33 (with whom many people seemed to disagree) and uglyrodent, both of whom I feel had some valuable insights.

9. good thing all I did was claim I was god :D

10. J Squared

J Squared Level 7: Bloober

Yeah claims to divinity are OK by me.

11. onpon4

onpon4 Level -1: Banned

I haven't played a lot of Mega Man; just the beginning of some NES titles (including one full stage of Mega Man 1 for the NES) and Megaman ZX Advent, but one thing I know is that I never had to "plan ahead" like I do in SMBC; motion was completely fluid.

The only point I'm trying to make is, I don't think Mega Man is about "planning ahead". And to be honest, capturing what a game is about is, in my opinion, much more important than capturing a game's physics exactly.

12. Megaman was made to play in megaman games... so it would make sense that you'd play fluidly with him. he wasn't made for mario. so it would make sense if you didn't play fluidly

13. berserkx33

berserkx33 Level 3: Paratroopa

I think it's wrong saying that megaman is not planning ahead, it the pure idea of the game, a lot of the power ups have one extra utility beyond causing damage, a lot are plataformers tricks that work on a way to make game more strategic, man there's even the obligatory movimentation power up and a lot of "block cleaner" power ups, this is the whole idea, the megaman games are meant to be played not only thinking in the weaknesses, but thinking in the way to make the levels flow easier.

14. rednukleus

rednukleus Level 3: Paratroopa

I think with the comment about planning Rush-jumps ahead, Ganymede simply meant that the player allowed Rush to hit the ground before jumping, when he could have jumped earlier to be speedier.

15. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

Yeah, sorry, I guess there was some ambiguity there. Listen to rednukleus, kids.

16. of course I'll listen to him... I mean his avatar is from the greatest game in existence.

17. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

thats what i do if i want to do a speed run with megaman.

18. Zeon Twilight

Zeon Twilight Level 1: Goomba

I've been watching this thread for awhile now, and here's my 2 cents in a nice neat little package.

I understand Rush coil is more accurate to the games. I respect this. After all, it's one of the things this game is all about.

My only complaint is that there is an uneven treatment of characters. For Simon, you have the classic style, the Easy jump, and the hard jump. and this isn't about his double jump, we all know that without double jump (Or putting stairs everywhere in the level) That Simon couldn't survive, but you still have the option to change how his jump works.

Samus has the option to use the crouch feature, or to not. This is again, giving you the option to play as the Samus from the games, or a slightly altered version.

The only one who doesn't get these sort of gameplay choices is Megaman. For me I'm not raging against Ruch coil because I think it breaks everything (I do feel it makes flow harder, but that is not my main issue) it's that the best in the way of choice given for MM is "Go play Version 1.0 on newgrounds"

That is really my only question, "Why doesn't the player of megaman get the same options as players of Simon or Samus?" It's a single player game, all the extra characters in it are generally OP compared to the Mario universe anyway, so when you're not worried about balance for the sake of multiplayer, why not give the players the option to play how they like?

I know I posted this back on page four, but no one seemed to give bugger all about it. Perhaps no one sees or agrees with my point, but acknowledgment would be nice.

19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Acknowledgment granted.
    For Samus it's a matter of taste. The crouch allows for greater attack range, but some people are so good with bombs they don't want to bother double tapping down, since they won't use crouch.
    Simon has three options because his jump is changed already. Since it's already inaccurate, we might as well give him three ways to jump. One for the masochists (hard jump), one for the purists (classic), and one for the everyone else (easy). The thing is, they are all variations on the same thing. They are all the same two jumps, same length, height, everything (I understand classic has a couple of small differences, but I haven't used it). They are just handled with slightly different physics. This hasn't been done with Mega Man because they are two completely different styles of jump. One is accurate, but hard to use, the other one ignores gravity. To put it another way, this would be like toggling Samus between crouch on, or charge shot on. They both increase her capabilities to attack, but they are completely different in terms of execution and use.

I didn't make the game, so I can't definitively say WHY it hasn't been done, but that's my guess.

20. onpon4

onpon4 Level -1: Banned

Well, would it be too much to ask to give Rush Coil priority over enemies? The way it is now, you can't use it unless you're completely clear of enemies, which can easily result in unnecessary deaths, especially with spinies or bullet bills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.