Implemented Add SMB1 Luigi as a skin

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I know this has been a hot topic in the past, but I don't think an official Features Request thread was ever made. (If I'm wrong, please combine the threads.) For the reasons of accuracy and novelty, I think SMB1 Luigi, AKA this guy, :luigi: , should be added as a skin. Because skins can play differently, the description can read "Plays exactly like Mario". Most people would say "Just play as Mario then!!!" Again, it's for accuracy and novelty. Nothing more.

2. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

I always wondered why this Luigi wasn't in to begin with.
    SMBLuigi.PNG
    Anyway, I support this.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Mitewing

The major issue was which Luigi should be the default one. I agree with the DX version being default. But I don't have a problem having the original one, especially if he plays like Mario.

4. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Why would he play like Mario when SMB1 Luigi played like he did in SMB2J? He would be a perfect alt for Luigi. It really doesn't make any sense on why he was never added.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. Mitewing

Because there isn't a Luigi that plays like he did in SMB1. Of course I won't lose sleep if he still plays like LL. I just thought it'd be cool if he was somehow different. Either way he can be implemented is fine, as long as he's added.

6. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

I think I remember making a skin for original SMB3 Luigi also. That was back when I was shit at spriting though.

Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  7. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

If he plays like Mario maybe he should be a Mario skin?

8. Mitewing

No, because it's Luigi and he's already a separate character from Mario.

9. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

I'm all for a skin for Luigi that plays like Mario.. or even an option somewhere that would give him Mario's physics. I love Luigi, really. No, seriously.. in games where they both controlled exactly the same (and even before the custom SMAS Luigi sprites), I'm the guy who would start up a two player game and proceed to walk Mario off a ledge or into a Goomba then continue playing as Luigi.
    But.. those LL physics drive me insane! AGH!

Mitewing likes this.
  10. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Have you tried Luigi since 3.0 came out? I made several adjustments to him to make him a lot easier to control. He's still slippery (because he's supposed to be) but not nearly as much as he was in 2.1.

11. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

I almost always play using some form of 'random' characters (exception being a few Survival groups, like Team Evil), so I've used Luigi more than I would like. He is certainly much improved over his 2.1 version, which I've even commented on before... but it's just a set of physics I doubt I'll ever get used to fully.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Mitewing

I like playing with random characters and concept Survival teams, too. While thinking about, if this version of Luigi is added, the Luigis from SM3/W could be added too to play like Mario, specifically the ones that are simply palette swaps of Mario to differentiate from the current Luigis in the game, but if that's overkill, I'll simply settle for the SMB1 Luigi I originally requested.

13. Mitewing

While I'm thinking about it, there's also NES SMB3 Luigi. He looks just like Mario but wears green. He could be added as with Mario's physics too, but I mainly want the original SMB1 version.

14. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Why don't simply put a cheat like "Classic Luigi" to make Luigi play like Mario?

15. Mitewing

That's a solution too. Either way it's implemented would be fine with me.