Add Super Mario Bros Forever (ROM Hack) Levels

Discussion in 'Features' started by silentshadowxp, Apr 17, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

This hilarious video has been around youtube (posted by several people) for several years, and it's just as funny each time I see it. I thought that it would be neat if the levels were added to Crossover as an extreme set of levels. Mario might be the only character to be able to accomplish it, but I feel it would be an awesome addition to the game. From what I can tell, it's a ROM hack of Mario 1 called Super Mario Bros Forever.

I feel as though this (or custom levels similar to this) would be a fantastic addition to the game for the more hardcore players among us.

sbq92 and Faruga like this.
  2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

It's funny, but you can't "jump-start" in SMBC.

3. silentshadowxp

That's why I said or something similar to it.

But thinking about it, challenge levels based on each character's abilities would be cool. Mario's could be similar to this, SOPHIA could have some based on wall climbing and such, and so on. Each character could have their own.

sbq92 likes this.
  4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Now this is an awesome idea. :D

Mega Man Powered Up had the whole Challenge mode, but there were also a bunch of (official?) custom levels made specifically for each character that tested their skills in very difficult levels. Something similar could be done
    for SMBC. There could be levels of varying difficulty, perhaps easy, normal, hard, and maybe very hard. This could definitely be really cool.

5. silentshadowxp

That actually crossed my mind when I thought about it.