Request Add the Fire Bros as a "bonus" enemy

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Just a random idea, but the more I thought of it, the more I liked it. Here's my justification:

1. It is an 8-bit enemy (debuting in SMB3) that can retroactively fit into the basic SMB gameplay, as it follows the green-red enemy pattern, and the fundamental element (fireballs) is originally part of SMB.
    2. The basic programming and graphics (Hammer Bros and fireballs) are already in the game.
    3. They can be freely used in Hard Levels and as a cheat to replace Hammer Bros.

CowboyJoseph64 likes this.
  2. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

yeah given the reasons you mentioned i don't see this being very hard to do. I can see it happening eventually, and I like the idea. :)

Hydroper and Mitewing like this.
  3. Mitewing

4. It would give us another much needed enemy with projectiles.

4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

... "Much needed"? Since when?

5. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

@Mitewing I think it sounds like an awesome idea. Keep up the awesome ideas.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Mitewing

Currently there are two enemies. This will make three. It would be more justification for certain characters to be given the ability to block said projectiles.

7. MissingNo2

That.. doesn't explain where they'd be put in the game aside from a cheat.
    Also, note that the cheats currently in the game either affects gameplay or makes a mechanic already present in the game present throughout the entire game.

8. Mitewing

Spike tops weren't present in the original SMB games, so your argument is invalid.

9. MissingNo2

Neither was Extreme difficulty in the first place.
    My argument here is that the Fire Bro wouldn't have any believable place with how the game works. Spike Tops were added because they were the next logical step up from Buzzy Beetles.

10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

IDK I have more trouble with Fire Bros than Hammer Bros in SMB 3 and any game after. Which would be mostly the NSMB games.

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

And Fire Bros are the next logical step for Hammer Bros. I explained all of that in my first post.

12. MissingNo2

Am I really the only one who thought they were easier to deal with? Unless you were in a tight corridor, they're a cinch. Especially with the projectile options SMBC would provide.

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Mitewing

IIRC, you only fought one Fire Bro at a time. Here you'll be fighting two at a time.

14. MissingNo2

I well-recall instances where you fought just one Hammer Bro and two Fire Bros.
    Although the latter was mostly in NSMB.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. Hydroper

Hydroper Level 1: Goomba

- Support. ;D

Mitewing likes this.
  16. SMBC is cool

SMBC is cool Guest

Bump? Egh. Anyway, I support this idea.

Hydroper likes this.