Alex Kidd Character Set (Skin)

Discussion in 'Skins' started by HUmarKukule, Dec 22, 2012.

1. HUmarKukule

HUmarKukule Level 2: Koopa

I've been working on these all day i am curious as to what you guys thank of them...
    [​IMG]

Fixed the Vine as Requested, Also Added a New set of clouds same graphic just combined to make one.

[​IMG]

ALEX KIDD (Mario Skin)
    [​IMG]

The Lost Stars
    [​IMG]

High Tech World
    [​IMG]

in the Enchanted Castle
    [​IMG]

STELLA (Luigi Skin)
    [​IMG]

The Lost Stars (In Progress)
    [​IMG]

in the Enchanted Castle (In Progress)
    [​IMG]

Stella First Appeared as Alex Side Kick In The Lost Stars (Arcade Edition). Her Miracle World, Lost Stars (SMS Edition) & Enchanted Castle Sprites are Custom Based off Her Appearance in Alex Kidd The Lost Stars (Arcade)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE
    Once again it took me all day but i got the Theme template finished tell me what ya think :)

[​IMG]

The background Colors here..

OVERWORLD
    [​IMG]

UNDERWORLD
    [​IMG]

CASTLE
    [​IMG]

NIGHT/SNOW
    [​IMG]

Martin Eklund and MissingNo2 like this.
  2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

That.. is.. AWESOME.
    Though two things; one, there is a Skin Sets thread for this sort of thing. Two; it would be nice to see your attempt of an Alex Kid skin on an existing character. Maybe Mario.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

WHOAWHATHAPPENEDTOTHE-
    *checks*
    How come the logo's under the rest instead of next to it?
    This might be a Mario skin?
    I can't remember this being done before, so it's cool to see someone making this, and if a character from a Flash game (Rokko Chan) can make it in as a skin, this should be able to too.

4. HUmarKukule

As you guys requested I turned the Alex Kidd set Into a Mario Skin I also had to alter The sprites so it looked like he shrunk :)

(Moved to First Post)

Actually Didn't take that long to do I matched it up with the Mario Bros 3 Template you had. I also fixed the Interface Template as Well.

(Moved to First Post)

Not only did I fix it I made it look More Alex Kiddish
    [​IMG]

MissingNo2 likes this.
  5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

You did a fabulous job with the logo!

HUmarKukule likes this.
  6. HUmarKukule

thank you I had to create a few of the letters

Refer to Original Post Thanks :)

I did up the first level to see how nice the sprites look Tell me what you guys think?

[​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.
  7. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, two more things; one, the image was shrunk down. Two; if you have something more to say, edit into your first post unless somebody replied to it. And three; I'd recommend making the vine look like it's actually connected. (The first three frames are the top, the bottom three frames are the rest of the vine).

8. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Most of the time when I see a thread devoted to one set of skins I'm like "oh it's some new member who sucks at skins and made a pointless thread".

But this blew my mind. I don't even like Alex Kidd that much and this set looks fantastic!

Mitewing, TheomanZero and MissingNo2 like this.
  9. shogunwarrior64

shogunwarrior64 Level 2: Koopa

looks good,im shogunwarrior by the way pleasure to meet ya

10. HUmarKukule

thank you very much honestly Its my first time Doing Sprites at least of this Caliber.

Okay So I took all of the advise and moved everything to my first post I fixed the Preview scene uploaded it on my deviantART page so should be viewable now thanks :)

11. shogunwarrior64

shogunwarrior64 Level 2: Koopa

at least you can do sprites ,anytime i try it doesnt go so well lol

12. HUmarKukule

practice man you will get it as you can tell i didn't have a lot to work with so i had to make a few sprites to fit in with the scheme it was fun but exhausting to my eyes

uglyrodent and shogunwarrior64 like this.
  13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It's time for me to butt in and complain.

HUmarKukule and MissingNo2 like this.
  14. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I like these. :)

Mitewing likes this.
  15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

The character skin didn't really interest me all that much, but that level skin looks delightful. (And I'd probably use the character skin too to match.)

16. Jake10102006

Jake10102006 Level 1: Goomba

This could actually work as a GREAT Mario skin.

17. HUmarKukule

So finished all the Templates and placed them in my original Post. Thank you for all the comments i apprciate all the feedback. :)

18. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

I have worked with this character before over Ryu.
    [​IMG]
    Never got around to finishing it. Other than adding the portrait in I didn't really add anything else after that,thus,abandoning it. You can finish it if ya want to.

19. HUmarKukule

Okay so i finally finished up my skins I hope unless you guys thank i am missing something please let me know i made them transparent so hopefully now i will get my chance to have them in the game but if not its all good i had a great time making them and hope that you guys enjoy them!

20. HUmarKukule

well i did another set of skins for alex kidd. Alex Kidd in High Tech World which i based everything off of the Templets i found for SMB3

Map
    [​IMG]

Interface
    [​IMG]

Enemy's
    [​IMG]

Theme
    [​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.