Alternate Costumes

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Ryuza, May 23, 2011.

1. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well I am sorry if I sounded angry or something, I wasn't. You sounded for me like that you found skins like Lance's pointless and a waste of time, something should not be had at all. Most importantly it sounded a lot like a suggestion/request, that is what made me into to give a try to show you why you are wrong and why they are a good thing to have. That was all my intention, you were a lot like who do not want them and that is the only thing what I could not understand as why? It is pointless and just would make some people disappointed. I also found it that it may could have some discouraging effect on some people what is very not right. After it some people may would not dare to suggest some skins as they would fear they get sued or called stupid for their request. So I really was not in angry mode or anything, I was a lot more as geeky lecturing. I must apologise a bit for that though, I have a bad natural instinct to try prove people wrong when I find what they say very not right. All I did was bringing up reasons why I found your wants not right, but then again that was only just my opinion. I really would just like if the works and discussions would be community friendly and pleasing for anyone.

But now onto topic, on Ninja Gaiden 1 in the game intro you see Ryu's father fighting an enemy grey ninja. His father looks there exact same as Ryu with the difference that he has very lighter red ninja suit. I know this is a weaker idea but at least it could be a good extra choice for an alternate Ryu Hayabusa skin. Oh and btw Ryu's father is called Ken, or Jôe if we take the japanese version.

2. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I want Lance because I want it to say "Lance" in the top left corner when I'm playing as Lance. How about the Fire Flower changes Bill's pants to white?

3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

... And makes his skin redder?

4. Scorpion42

I dunno.

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Me neither, it would look like if Bill had gotten a sunburn...

6. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

For link make a sprite for Lancealot Link!

7. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

How many shades of red are in the NES palette? We just need three, at the most four. One for each power level for Lance. And if you want, afourth for Bill's fireflower if you want it to be different than Lance's.

8. Mitewing

Would that make Zelda Mata?

Well, the Contra guys did fight in the jungle, and they'd be the only ones running around shirtless in the Mushroom Kingdom, so it would be plausible....:nerd:

9. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Actually even two red color would be enough for Lance. His basic form(or some other) could be brown pants or something, that is close enough to Lance's red color.

10. Mitewing

Browns, reds, even oranges would work.

11. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Oh, yes...I was wondering, will there be skins for the *other* Links--the red, blue, and purple ones seen in Four Swords?

12. Scorpion42

Fun Fact: Lance only uses three different colors for his sprites: Red, (which is his pants, bandana, hair and contours in his skin,) "Skin" colour, and Black, (which is his outline.) Bill has a fourth colour, his blue pants. What if you made a character with red pants and blue contour? Or a blue Lance?

13. Mitewing

That's what I suggested. :smile:

Maybe. Have to see it first though.

14. Mitewing

Sorry for the double post, but I never got an answer.

15. Scorpion42

That would be alternate versions of existing characters.

16. Mitewing

But the characters I have in mind are not existing characters.

17. Scorpion42

But they play similar to existing characters.

18. Mitewing

My question was a programming one to see if it's possible to make skins similar, yet different.

19. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

It's probably possible but I think it'd be better to make a character separate if they were gonna be different anyways.

20. Mitewing

Thanks. That makes sense. Any news about the skins we've suggested so far?