Alternate Costumes

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Ryuza, May 23, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Bnjay29 suggested the guy from Kabukl Quantum Fighter and I suggested he'd be a good skin for Ryu.

2. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Here's my selection of Alt. Costumes.
    [​IMG]

Mario(Super Mario Land 2) - And you thought I would use Sonic or sprites from Super Mario Land,but nope,I used the sequel's sprites.
    Desmond Belmont(CastleVania) - From the PC game CastleVania,you don't take control of Simon,thought they both play the same of course.
    ??? - Couldn't find a person who fits Sophia correctly.
    Fusion Suit Samus(Metroid GBA) - I know theres an 8-bit version put up on the Fourms,but I didn't wanna go search that up.
    Player(Contra MSX) - No,its not Bill or Lance,its just Player from the MSX Contra game.
    ??? - Couldn't find a person who fits Ryu correctly(well I do but I don't know where the sprites went)
    Cody(Unofficial) - My Sonic FC based on The Kid with his small Pee Shooter that can be upgraded to the Master Blaster(His own gun).
    TMNT(TMNT 1) - Its hard to explain.

Thats all,and no I don't expect these to be real official costumes,maybe secondary(apart from Cody who is my FC).

3. Stinkosar

Stinkosar Level 3: Paratroopa

Sophia As Jet Adapter Megaman.

Think about it.

4. Dimpsy

It might work. idk. Its cause Sophia has Missiles and can climb walls and ceilings. OH,I got it,Espio The Charmelon. Cause in Chaotix he used to climb walls and ceilings and in Heroes he can throw Shurikens. Maybe the regular guns can be a small Shuriken,then the Missiles can be Big Shuriken. I know I can't spell that Shuriken word right,you know what I mean.

5. Mitewing

I wonder when the next skin will be revealed.

6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

:bsophia: [​IMG]
    Yup - he fits in it. He could shoot the blaster and throw the missiles. They even have the same palette (when SOPHIA is in FF form). And as for the many jumping sprites, I noticed that in MM6, he has two sprites when he lands.

7. Stinkosar

And we could just make a quick custom sprite for aiming his blaster upwards.

And I have no Idea if this would work but, maybe just change the palette to Gravity Man's weapon when wall/ceiling climbing?

8. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

He may take some work to fit but he'd be really awesome, I'd have to make up some sprites for his hair slash while ducking and punching while standing up to do it the way I'm thinking but that'd be a piece of cake. I'll talk to Jay about it ;)

9. Mitewing

Jawsome!

10. Dimpsy

Thats not what I mean stupid! I meant he wouldn't fit as a Sophia skin PERIOD!

11. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

What are you talking about? Nobody was replying to you.

12. Dimpsy

Actually he is.

13. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

:bsophia: [​IMG]
    Yup - he fits in it. He could shoot the blaster and throw the missiles. They even have the same palette (when SOPHIA is in FF form). And as for the many jumping sprites, I noticed that in MM6, he has two sprites when he lands.[/QUOTE]
    Thats not what I mean stupid! I meant he wouldn't fit as a Sophia skin PERIOD![/QUOTE]First, the word "stupid" has nothing to do here. Stop insulting people.
    Second, Sorpion42 is right, Mario-Fan wasn't replying you.
    Finally, I don't get what you mean by "not to fit as a Sophia skin period".

14. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, I hate it when he gets like this.
    I was replying to the same post you did, not to yours.
    And one stupid person recognises another.

15. Mitewing

I have a question and I dont know where to ask. Since everything is skinnable, are powerup skins part of the background skin, or a part of the character skin?

16. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Powerups are part of the background skins.

17. Mitewing

Just wanted to know because of the current discussion in the Custom Powerups thread.

18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Since they're part of the background skin, we'll have, like, a Castlevania power-up (double shot/whip upgrade?) with a Castlevania background while playing with any character.

19. Stinkosar

Maybe we can only play certain level skins when playing as certain characters.

20. Mitewing

I hope there's another option for custom power ups that their appearance would be based on the character you play, as well as the background skin. My choices for the customs are based on the main weapon they get with the powerup.

EDIT: To Stinkosar

I don't think that's a good idea. That would limit the skins use and the very reason they're being added. Variety.