Alternate Versions of Existing Characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 22, 2010.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I think maybe you're on to something here, actually. There are 8 levels, 8 bosses. Perhaps Mega Man could fight a different robot master at the end of each level, and then, if you play through again, you get to keep all the weapons you collected, and you fight Wily at the end instead of another boss. So, basically, you'd have to finish the game twice, but you'd have all sorts of power-ups the second time through. Also, maybe you could even select which Mega Man game you want the robot masters to be from (Mega Man 1-6; Oil Man and Time Man would have to be added for MM1). Would the robot masters appear only if you choose Mega Man only from the beginning, or would they appear if you choose Mega Man even for just that stage? I guess another thing this would do is encourage people to play through all 8 worlds.

Man, this would be awesome. It would definitely add a whole other dimension to the game, since you would have to learn how to fight all the robot masters. I suppose ideally they would appear in the order of their weaknesses, starting with the easiest boss from the chosen game (Cut Man; Bubble Man; Top Man; Toad Man; Gyro or Gravity Man; Wind Man).

Like you said, perhaps it would take too long to implement, but it would definitely be sweet if Jay did this. Although, we never know. Maybe he is already working on this! :D

2. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

DO NOT CHANGE BOWSER'S TO ROBOT MASTERS! I love fighting Bowser's with Mega Man and that's the point of the game! No!!!!!!!! If you want to fight robot master's, play Mega Man!

Really, what would even be the point to have identical masters with a different background? The only difference would be leading up to it (the level) and it would completely ruin the flow of the game! That is, unless you were suggesting it be changed for all the characters in which case you are freaking high. NO!!!

If this is added, it should be a cheat.

3. Dr.Nope

Dr.Nope Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Re-Vised Versions

Ok heres my idea,For all the characters that had games after the NES (Mario,Link,Samus Aran,Simon Belmont,Megaman,Ryu Hayabusa,and SOPHIA the 3rd [I think.] ) have their updated Colors or Costumes as Cheats or Unlockables in the Options.For Example.
    [​IMG]

4. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

You know the example you gave has smaller pixels which means it's probably more similar to 16 bit. I don't think it would look correct in an 8 bit world from a graphical standpoint.

5. Dr.Nope

Dr.Nope Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well I did'nt make that picture,but I don't mean that you have re-shape the pixels just re-color them,and your right it wouldin't really fit in a 8-bit block world like that.

6. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

how about for mega man when you beat the game, you get a reskin of him, which is sheep man...

.... i really want him in....[​IMG]

7. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

all im hoping for is Protoman(favorite megaman character and Luigi(favorite mario character.

8. Da Masta

Da Masta Level 3: Paratroopa

I think the Samus Short beam really isn't a problem. I actually like it since the next 2 upgrades are like instant kill if you hit some enemy with it since the beams freeze the enemy once you hit them. You just got to know how to adapt and use the character. And i think you should get the different characters or reskins of old characters once you beat the game with that character. Example you beat the game with megaman you get protoman or any other "man" from megaman's universe. Or Beat the game with Mario you get to unlock his reskin of luigi. Or Beat the game with Bill and you get lol......... Master Cheif. Or something like that.

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think Dry Bowser would be a cool alternate boss. Also a different boss from each of the series (Ridley, Dracula, Protoman, etc.) should be at the end of the castle instead of fighting Bowser over and over with different characters to rescue from each respective series.

10. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

Protoman,Luigi, and Trevor Belmont also Pit from Kid Icerus.

11. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Do you mean as sort of alternate costume only? (No added abilities or anything), or clone characters (such as Ryu/Ken from SF where both fight alike, yet have different advantages)

If it's just "colorswapping" or alt costumes... I'd go for:

Mario => Luigi
    Bill => Lance
    Ryu Hayabusa => Ken Hayabusa (Ryu's father, who wears a Pink GI)
    Megaman => Protoman
    Simon Belmont => Trevor Belmont
    Samus => Pit (I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here, but they practically move and shoot alike, except for the Bombs) Alright fine, scratch Pit... => Dark Samus
    Link => Zelda 2 Link
    Sophia the 3rd => White and bluish colors (from Blaster Master 2, for the Genesis)

12. Hungry4Cookies

Hungry4Cookies Level 0: Newbie

I would like to see the snes version of bill rizer, beceuse he's got 2 guns! (Omg the worlds gonna end)

13. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Kid Icarus has the same game engine as Metroid, so your observations on how similar they are is valid

14. sbq92

The problem with this is that Mushroom Simon is the Trevor sprite (as far as I know, anyway...).

15. Da Masta

Da Masta Level 3: Paratroopa

Yea those alternate characters could all be an option to the player once they beat the game with the 1st character to unlock the next.

16. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Really? All I saw was a color-swapped Simon.

I'm not that into Castlevania, but I do recall Trevor's sprite being VERY different from Simon's. I'll need to check it out again though.

17. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Most distinctive feature: Trevor has a headband.

18. phurgawtin

phurgawtin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

[​IMG]
    from castlevania 3

oh, and an ips translation hack of Castlevania 3 in case you people want to play it:
    http://www.romhacking.net/trans/730/
    its also the first game that Alucard made an appearance in.

19. sbq92

Ah, I see the difference now. Here is Simon from the first game.

[​IMG]

I must say, I like Trevor's cape animation. That would be useful for the character select screen.

20. Mastur_Cheef

Mastur_Cheef Level 2: Koopa

By reading that post, I just realized something... Am I the only one who noticed the Ryu/Ken trend with Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden?