Alternate Versions of Existing Characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 22, 2010.

1. No.Not at all.

2. Rakashi J

Rakashi J Level 2: Koopa

how about Protoman for Megaman?

3. Magegg

Magegg Level 1: Goomba

I think Link from Zelda II would fit better in SMBC than first Link. I suggest adding this version of the character by this:
    - Link would turn into Zelda II Link by eating a mushroom. His upwards and downwards sword attacks would be translated from Zelda II.
    - Zelda II Link would be able to crouch.
    - By getting the Flower, Zelda II link would throw knives (in a Zelda I first style).
    - You can turn off the option in the menu.

4. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Jay said he didn't like transforming into Zelda II Link after getting a mushroom.

Jay said he has plans to make Zelda II Link into a separate character.

Jay also said he's trying not to add a bunch of character options like that because he wants people to know what exactly the characters can do when they make their own levels. Making a sprite twice the size is a big problem if you're making a level specifically for Link.

5. Zorpheus

Zorpheus Level 0: Newbie

And yet Mario increases to twice the size in the original game, and this often added more strategy/trickiness to some levels. So it's definitely been done before.

Granted, I think Zelda II Link does deserve to be its own character with its own music/moves/etc

6. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Bass is BASSASS

UCWUTIDIDTHAR?

7. Please

I'm talking about as an alternate version, not a transformation from a mushroom. Zelda 2 Link is taller and therefore wouldn't make a good alternate versoin.

8. c2456

c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

What a nice idea.

9. Rockstar_Bob

Rockstar_Bob Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I'm prolly like, The only other dude to say this but I think there should be some love for Trevor Belmont. He can easily be an alt. for Simon because they're both basically the same. Only, Trevor's never used a flame whip before. XD Which kinda makes him a bad-ass seeing as he's toppled Ol' Dracula with his Three Different forms with just the Vampire Killer. Although, Simon has beaten Dracula twice. >_>

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'd like to see a Hammer Bros. Mario that only uses the sprites from the original game. His hat and overalls would be colored black and the hammers he threw would be just like the Hammer Bros. in the original game as well. I was inspired by the Game Genie codes in another thread where one changed Mario's appearance and another made all enemies throw hammers.

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

As fun as the sticky wheels are, I think a "Classic" SOPHIA without the wall climbing would be fun.
    I don't know if that's an alternate version, or if it would be better as a cheat, actually.

12. Please

That'd be better as a cheat in my eyes, but I don't see the point of it when you can just not climb up the walls. And, BTW, it wouldn't be classic SOPHIA because she had wallclimb in the original, just not wall jump.

13. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Bass, Zero, Proto Man...who else am I missing?

14. SMBC is cool

SMBC is cool Guest

AWESOME IDEA!

Vile,MM X,and Roll.

15. Please

Holy quadruple post!

In regards to the Mega Man characters, I think all of them should just be the alternate skins except Protoman who should be a new character.

16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'd like to see a version of Hammer Bros Mario using only the SMB1 graphics. His hat and overalls would be black. I got the the idea from combining two Game Genie codes mentioned in another thread.

EDIT: Is there not an "Alternate Versions of Existing Characters" section in the Wiki?!?

17. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I think SMW Mario would be a great Idea, because I would love to try the tornado jump, and maybe instead of a star you could get Yoshi!

18. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Trevor Belmont might as well be a skin, and Luigi is apparently coming in the next update.

No other alternate versions of existing characters spring to my mind. Wait, there is one, but Jay has a list of reasons as to why he won't be in the game.

There is also another one, but I won't reveal him until somebody revives Simon's Thread.

19. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

lol sm3 mario

20. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

You got me curious as to who that is. To reserve revealing him would imply that it is a spoiler. Right now it's all just speculation so I don't see the harm in telling us.