Request Another request that'll be denied

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Chaos, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

NOT SURPRISINGLY I'M MAKING THIS KIND OF REQUEST

[​IMG]

Name: Soldier
    Game: Why are you asking
    Unique abilities: Projectiles damage more than one enemy
    Negative traits: Slower move speed, lower jump height, and slower rate of fire.
    Attack power: Roughly the same as Samus' missiles
    Upgrades: Increased rate of fire, a shotgun that functions the same as Bill Rizer's, a shovel that functions the same as Simon's default whip, and anything else you can think up of.

Yeah I think that's all

2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

-Not 8-bit
    -No 2D gameplay
    -First appearance not on console or arcades
    -No mouseLook to aid with aiming
    -Difficult spriting
    -Overpower?
    -Powerups?
    -WTF *BOOM*?

Rey D likes this.
  3. 1337star

1337star Level 2: Koopa

First off, I don't want a TF2 character in the game either, but for the sake of argument:

http://ganggarrison.com/

Just give him 8-way shooting like Bill or Bass.

Not necessarily.

Plenty of unlockable weapons in the game to base his powerups on. Also, he should totally have a hat powerup that does nothing but change his appearance.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Chaos

This, and I put a 8-bit Soldier in my post don't even try that

TF2 is also on the Xbox and PS3, and besides Gang Garrison is easily something you can make on a Gameboy or NES, just trash Multiplayer and find a campaign

When did I say it needed mouselook-aiming

:bowser: After taking a look at this fellow try to convince me the Soldier would be OP

I posted some of those what the fuck

what

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

This would be better as a skin of Bill.

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. Chaos

The problem is BILL DOESN'T HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER

7. Sergy92

And that's a problem?

1. Take Bill's gun
    2. Redo it into the Rocket Launcher
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT

8. Chaos

Skins are completely cosmetic differences. It's like making default Mario automatically spawn with a Mushroom and have the alternate version spawn without it.

9. Sergy92

But it's much easier than making a character from the ground up.

Rey D likes this.
  10. Chaos

Luigi would be a regular Mario reskin instead of his own unique character in that logic.

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Nope. Luigi IS his own character, seeing as he is based entirely on Luigi's official canon. Thing is, Luigi's character is almost identical to Mario (same goes for Bass).
    No you didn't.
    You posted this: [​IMG]
    That has at least 10 colors and doesn't use the NES palette at all.
    THIS would be an 8-bit version though.
    [​IMG]
    Reduced to 6 colors (the maximum possible if you utilize sprite overlapping) and switched it to colors the NES can display.

Now I agree no TF2 characters belong in SMBC at all, but that's not really the point, just my opinion.

Now, the thing is...his upgrades sound REALLY OP. He has a good melee weapon, insane damage output, and can hit multiple enemies. I'm not saying it couldn't work, but I am saying we may want to put a little more thought into what he can get to make him more balanced. This intrigues me, so I might do some TF2 research and submit some ideas.

12. Chaos

If you consider this idea op take a look at Metal Blade

And if TF2 characters aren't meant in the world of SMB I'd like to know why SOPHIA III is perfectly fine

Honest it's a pretty tight margin to only allow NES game characters in this game. It pretty much results in every fitting character suggested in less than a month.

Also, tell me how the Soldier's rockets are op when SAMUS AND SOPHIA HAVE THEM

13. uglyrodent

Did you mean OP? I'm assuming you did.

These are very different. You are suggesting a character whose every attack is moderately powerful at WORST. The Metal Blade is MARGINALLY more powerful than MM's normal buster shots, fires slower, and has limited (though ample) ammo. The item is picked up at random, instead of being the character's default power. It is a HUGE boon for Bass, but only because it allows him to shoot through walls. The closest it gets to being OP is that it can destroy infinite blocks, and that isn't really...well, powerful. It's just convenient.

14. Chaos

Regardless of Metal Blade's differences to MM it still makes the soldier look like a wimp

15. uglyrodent

Metal Blade:
    -Good damage
    -Shoots all directions
    -Shoots through walls
    -Hits infinite Brick Blocks
    -Slow fire rate
    -Finite Ammo

Soldier Shot w/out powerups:
    -Better Damage than Metal Blade
    -Shoots all directions (presumably)
    -Travels through enemies (better than Metal Blade)
    -Gets stronger from here (Metal Blade cannot be improved)
    -Infinite Ammo (better than Metal Blade)
    -Slow Fire Rate (same as Metal Blade)
    -Starts off with it (better than Metal Blade, which must be found)

16. Chaos

I never said rockets travel through enemies what the fuck you trying
    He also would only be able to shoot forward and upward
    The rocket launcher only does the same amount of damage as MMs default weapon
    Increase in the rate of fire would only make it .5 seconds faster
    AND IT'S NOT LIKE EVERY SINGLE PART OF THIS IDEA NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED

17. uglyrodent

You never specified, so I assumed it would be eight directions in order to be more accurate to TF2. That was my mistake.
    .5 seconds can be the difference between victory and defeat. And anyway, it's still an upgrade, which the Metal Blade cannot get.
    For an accurate analysis it does.

While I admit that much of my information was flawed, it WAS the information you posted and never changed.

18. Ceed

Ceed Level 6: Lakitu

Really dude just make a skin, no TF2 guy is gonna get accepted, unless the game is bursting at the seams with characters and when it updates it needs a new candidate, just make a skin, much more likely for that to happen in the first place, you may want this character in there but what good is it going to do you if you cant make a compromise. At least with the skin you get something, better than making a slightly different character, and Bill is a perfect candidate for this.

19. Sergy92

This.

20. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

This is probably the awkwardest character request for SMBC. It could have a tiny chance to have a place would be as a skin for Bill, but it just doesn't look like to have it's place in Crossover (no offense).