Anyone Else Feel that Cut Man > Mega Man?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by RondoOfRedLiquids, May 15, 2014.

1. RondoOfRedLiquids

RondoOfRedLiquids Level 1: Goomba

I've been playing Super Mario Crossover for a while, and it came to my attention that I seem to prefer Cut Man much more. He has almost everything Mega Man has, but better. He can hit multiple enemies in one shot, making rows of goombas less annoying to deal with, as well as making for a great spam attack when in pressure. His charged shots are superior to Mega Man's charged shots, for the same reason. It can hit multiple enemies, so you can easily find yourself charging often in order to approach enemies safely. Breaking bricks with your head is also pretty cool since it allows you to control your environment more. Even though Cut Man can only shoot 2 projectiles at a time, every other aspect about him seems to completely wreck anything Mega Man can do.

I find this ironic considering that Mega Man can save the world multiple times, while Cut Man can barely stand a chance against Mega Man in his weakest form and is shown to be very incompetent in every form of Mega Man media.

:megaman:Sorry Mega Man, I'm going to have to choose the scissors guy.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

The only possible nerf I could think of is by just having one shot at a time.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

That would be closer to his attack style. He can only throw one Rolling Cutter at a time in his boss battle.

4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

But can throw two when played as in Powered Up, but whatever. Balance is more important than accuracy.

5. RondoOfRedLiquids

Maybe another possible nerf is that every secondary power-up (except Metal Blade) gets the damage halved, and ammo depletes at twice the rate. (except Rush Coil). This means that the regular shots remain as versatile as ever, but at the cost of weaker secondaries to assist you.

6. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Honestly, while I like Cut Man's ability to 'cut through' enemies, it doesn't seem to gel all that well with my own play style. Sure, it works fine against Goombas and lines of bricks... but Koopas and anything stronger, I'd rather the rapid-fire spam attacks that I'm more accustomed to instead of two piercing shots.

But, as said before.. could just be my play style. Fire Man feels stronger.

Urutsune likes this.
  7. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Cut Man is more only convenient for many basic use. His attack is actually technically WEAKER. Still the best way to deal big damage is rapid fire which is impossible with Cut Man. Sure you breeze through weak enemies but they hardly ever the serious threat, the tuff guys on the other hand really slow you down though. So when it comes to power Rock still beats Scissor. Cut Man is not superior only just feels very awesome to use.

ThomasMink likes this.
  8. RondoOfRedLiquids

Yep, Mega Man does 300 damage if all shots land while Cut Man does 250. You guys make some very good points, actually. I think Cut Man deals with Lakitu a bit better than Mega Man, since Cut Man has an easier time sweeping the Spinies. I did post another thread suggesting that Cut Man should be nerfed, but after reading your arguments, I'll consider taking it down. I probably should hold a poll just to see if the majority thinks Mega Man > Cut Man. After all, I am a newbie, so what I think may not be correct.

9. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Under the same amount of time Mega Man can fire much more bullets then Cut Man can. If the enemy is relatively close you can fire ridiculous amount bullets into the enemy in seconds thanks to the fact that the bullets disappear when they hit. Cut Man always have to wait for his bullets to travel through the entire screen before he can fire the next round. You can especially feel the huge difference against enemies like Bowser and Bloopers.

ThomasMink likes this.