Artistic Reskins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 13, 2011.

1. HeliosCentaur

HeliosCentaur Level 1: Goomba

Classic Skins: Donkey Kong, Mario Bros. & DK Jr.

Ask and ye shall receive. I also had these in mind :p and had them 70% done; you had motivated me to finish a couple worlds.
    World 1-1
    [​IMG]
    World 1-2
    [​IMG]

I didn't feel like finishing this one, but all the tiles are done.
    World 1-3 sample
    [​IMG]

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

That's outstanding. I thought the same thing for using the POW blocks for the ? Blocks. Because the DK games and original MB has very few graphics I see you use all three games together when creating an individual level. The vines in DK Jr would for example be perfect to use for beanstalks.

Now all we need are enemy skins.

3. HeliosCentaur

That sounds good. I've also used them for the seaweed in the water level. I havn't worked too much on that. I'm waiting for the templetes to be done before I put too much work into it.
    Maybe you would want to do that?

4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

What program do you guys use to make the skins? What format do you save files in? It's been a while since I used Photoshop.

5. HeliosCentaur

I use paint and save in .png which is what the emulators save images as. I grab maps from 'video game atlas' and cut and paste what I want into the auto-tiler program from this site.

6. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Can someone PLEASE make a level for Kirby?I cant find a tile set anywhere!!!

7. HeliosCentaur

8. powergo

no, I need a TILE SET!!! I MENT MAKE A MARIO LEVEL WITH KIRBY TILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Calm down. lol

You can use the maps to grab tiles from. Just grab the appropriate 16x16 tiles from the map and put together the Kirby-style level.

10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

OK I want to share my custom tile set in level form. What is the easiest way to put my custom tiles in a level of my choice without having to guess the exact length of holes and stuff?

11. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/5639-SMBC-Auto-Tiler

"Hey all, this is the official thread for the Auto-Tiler. The Auto-Tiler is a program I made to help take some of the tedious work out of skinning levels and to allow people to skin stages the same way they might be done in-game. You can use it to retile six different example stages quickly and easily, you just replace the tiles on the 'ctiles.png' file that comes with the program with whatever tiles you'd like to use in-game, load the program press the "Custom Tiles" button and its done."

I hope this helps

12. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Woah, that's really cool!

13. powergo

I am just 2 lazy to complete my Kirby tileset,lol

14. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

15. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

I made a paint roller stage in SMB1 Style.

paint roller stage SMB1 style.PNG Hope You like it!

16. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

... These are supposed to be skins of SMBC, not Kirby's Adventure.

17. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Am I missing something?

uglyrodent likes this.
  18. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Yes. Its saying that the skins have nothing to do with games represented in SMBC, but they're still SMBC skins.

19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Future Kingdom, Alex Kidd, Haggle Man, Kirby, ...

20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Technically it is supposed to be SMBC, but really I think expanding it to any reskin ideas is a good idea.

Rey D and sbq92 like this.