Assigning More to Character Sheets

Discussion in 'Features' started by sbq92, Mar 4, 2012.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I'm thinking it would be helpful to have a few other things attached to the character sheets.

1) Mushroom, Flower, Star, etc.

My reasoning here is that if these are attached to the level skin, you run into odd situations where someone like Simon is picking up a Mega Man head for an extra life. If these are attached to the characters, however, the Mushroom, Flower, Star, etc., will match whoever you are playing as, so you will rightfully have Mega Man picking up the Mega Man head for an extra life. I do realize the intention is to have the characters in the Mario world, but such situations as I described above really are quite odd, and adding these power-ups to the character sheets would correct the issue.

EDIT: An additional point on this. Even if it's supposed to be the Mario world, the characters already get their own power-ups in SMB power-up boxes anyway, so having all of their power-ups relate to them just makes sense.

2) Toad and the Princess

Right now, there are no issues with these two being connected to the map skin. However, once more character skins and level themes are created, you will end up having once-rescued characters as playable characters, such as, for example, Roll rescuing Roll, or Princess Peach rescuing Princess Peach. If these two were attached to the character sheets, however, the individual characters would be rescuing specific people important to them, not just Toad and the Princess.

That's about it for now. Any thoughts?

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This makes a lot of sense.

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah you're definitely right about it.

4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Already done for Mario.
    But not completely. I made a sheet on the Wiki showing all used sprites on the Mario sheet (without the unused ones) and the only powerup-related thing on is the Fire Flower icon.

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

sbq92 and I chatted about my Peach, Daisy and Rosalina skins and I suggested that MAYBE we could do a map skin that replaces Peach with Mario for when you play as the princesses' skins (If they luckily are added into the game, that is)

Rey D likes this.