Verifying Attack Strength settings don't work for Mario Bros

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mitewing, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I was experimenting with different settings when I chose Luigi and selected Attack Strength to "Very Weak". I didn't notice anything different. Every enemy I came across could still be killed with a single fireball.

2. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I am pretty sure it never did. But maybe there is something for Bowser though.
    I am pretty sure the attack strength option was put in more for the other characters. But I guess it would be neat if it would fully affect the Mario Bros too.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Mitewing

It may be something for Bowser, but I think the cheat should apply to all characters and all enemies.

4. VGamer

VGamer Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Actually there is something that it does. It prevents you from killing enemies like Para-Troopas, Lakitu's, and Hammer Brothers with a single fireball. It may not seem noticeable, but it does do something.

Rey D likes this.
  5. Mitewing

If this is the case, then it should be expanded to all enemies to keep it consistent.

6. Urutsune

Well it would be pointless for some enemies like the goomba. That way you would just stomp instead of using your fireballs. It really only makes most sense for enemies you can't or tricky to stomp.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Those enemies take more than one Fireball because they have more HP. It's consistent with the other characters.

ThomasMink likes this.
  8. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

I agree with Mitewing. We should make all the other enemies at least take 2 hits with the fire ball on very weak.

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Urutsune

Let's be realistic. Mario's fireball normally deals 1000 damage, to kill the weakest enemy in two hits the goombas that has 250 health mean you need to decrease his attack by more then 75%! I feel like that is a bit too drastic change and would heavily affect the character.
    The current Mario weakening seem to stop before the enemies with 600 health, anything below that is small fry with very little health. Enemies of 600 health consist of enemies like bloopers and the koopa troopas. Need to hit bloopers 2 times sounds nice, but the koopa troopas are questionable. At 400 health a koopa goes into it's shell which would mean you could put koopas into their shell merely by just using a fireball. That actually would give Mario more a huge advantage rather then a disadvanatage. You would no longer have to risk to do a stomp to get yourself a shell to kick. Other enemies of 600 health are sidesteppers that take 2 hits from Mario anyways regardless of power and the armored enemies like buzzy beetles and spike tops that you can't hurt with Mario anyways. Really hitting the 600 health mark would only give us bloopers and a nice advantage with every koopa troopa. So it probably does not worth going for it.
    They actually handled Mario's damage very well by my opinion.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    ThomasMink, TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  10. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

ugh, I can't really find any arguments to this. Maybe we could just make the damage of the fire ball itself weaker instead of making a goomba stronger? but even then... yeah, I got nothing. It's settled, then.