Banjo Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by silentshadowxp, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Magenta

Magenta Level 5: Spiny

*realizes that this is dead*
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Not dead, I just don't have time to work on such a big project lately. I will come back to it one day.

3. Regame_Starsword

Regame_Starsword Level 0: Newbie

Please do. It is an extremely awesome concept.

4. silentshadowxp

Ok, so I originally wanted to recreate the levels from Banjo Kazooie in Crossover as a skin, but the skins already in Crossover seem to fit in place of those levels. Therefore, I've decided to simply leave the theme skins as the one for Hero Klungo Savesss Teh World. It's far too much work to create a skin for each, especially given that I was working with trying to create 2-D retro looking graphics for 3-D worlds from scratch. I had gotten a hold of the textures for the game, but even then it was too much of a hassle. Since Hero Klungo Savesss Teh World has only one theme in it's game for all levels, I feel fine leaving it as the only theme for the project. As such, here is the final version for that:

Hero Klongo Saves The World Theme.png Hero Klungo Saves The World Background.png

As far as the character/enemy/map skins are concerned, I went ahead and edited the color palettes for them, making them more 8-bit. I decided that I would make an exception for the extra colors that came from Klungo's game, or the Banjo sprites, so the color palette isn't 100% 8-bit, but I decided to make it very close. Before, I was essentially taking colors from the 3-D models, but I honestly believe that the sprites look much better with the NES color palette. I also decided to ignore the limit for colors in each sprite (usually a limit of 3 per sprite), and this is again because of the Klungo game's sprites not obeying this limit, as well as the Banjo sprites. So here is the final version of the other sets of skins:

Banjo Skin.png

Hero Klungo Skin.png

Banjo Map.png

Banjo Enemies.png

And with that, I am finished with this project. I think it's about time to finally submit these. I know I said I was going to do more with it, but I feel that the project is as far as I currently want to take it. If anyone else is interested in working on theme skins for Banjo levels, be my guest. But I've reached a state of content with this.

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Portraits. They could use a bit of change.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  6. silentshadowxp

You're more than welcome to make one for Banjo if you're interested. I think I like Klungo's the way it is though.

TheomanZero likes this.
  7. Rey D

Patron

Well it's not that much a "portrait".

8. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Just do what you have now for Banjo and have it be Klungo's badly-resized head.

9. silentshadowxp

The reason I'm keeping Klungo's the way it is is because it represents the main part of the game that I didn't include in my skin. The fact that he carries a world around with him throughout the entire game. I don't see an issue with it honestly, it's fine as is.

10. Rey D

Patron

Because it is not a portrait. Basically.
    If you place it next to portraits of the skins that are in SMBC, you'll notice that this one stands out. In a bad way. I'm not forcing you, though, because if the skin does make it in, the current "portrait" will most likely be changed anyway.

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I just got into Banjo Kazooie recently...a day or two ago...and I came back to see this anew and it fucking blew my mind.

EDIT: Ceed and I streamed it when it was my first time playing, and upon learning the Beak Charge I straight up said "oh yeah, someone (I forgot who at the time >_>) made a Banjo skin for Bass and this is the dash for it!"

silentshadowxp likes this.
  12. steamerthesteamtrain

steamerthesteamtrain Level 3: Paratroopa

me too i loved that game [​IMG]so i made nes banjo