Official Bass: Destruction is his Forte

Bass, from Mega Man 10, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

[​IMG]
    Hello gentlemen and gentlewomen, this is the brand new sparkly thread for the world's strongest robot, Bass (or Forte!)

This works like all the other stickies, just talk about this character! :) Suggestions, ideas, impressions, strategies, hints, tips, tricks, etc. can all go here.

As with the Mario and Luigi threads previously, I'm going to open this thread's title up to a poll for the community to decide.

Don't forget to show your undying support for Bass... or suffer plasma to the face.

Thanks to Zyborg for this thread's title :)

[​IMG]

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

He is gonna be better then Mega Man. I mean he has a double jump and 8 way shooting. What's the point playing as Mega Man now?

roman6a likes this.
  3. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

This. Bass is too badass to be in the crossover.

4. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

But... He had to be in.

roman6a likes this.
  5. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Because he's badass.

roman6a likes this.
  6. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

What game can you play him in?

7. aliceandsven

Rockman and Forte, Mega Man 9 and 10

roman6a likes this.
  8. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

Thanks I wanted to watch some gameplay which game will he come from?

9. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

For that matter, why would anyone play as Bill R.? Bass has 8 directional rapidfire shooting AND he can dash. All Bill R. has is a Spreader.

I'd still play as Megaman, because he has the slide, charge shot, and he can run and shoot at the same time. I have played Rockman & Forte, but I haven't played MM9 and 10, so I don't know how accurately he made the transition to 8-bit gameplay. I know in RM&F, Megaman had the advantage of being able to slide under things, and he had a powerful charge shot. He also didn't have to stand still when shooting.

10. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

spread shot WITH RED PELLETS OF DOOM.

IT CAN HIT EVERYTHING AT ANY RANGE BY JUST AIMING AT IT.

plus he now can change to the lazer (which i think it can kill bowser in about... 2 hits? 3?) and the flare can pierce through armored enemies and does LOTS OF DAMAGE!

dude don't mess with the most badass man on earth.

(i know this is totally offtopic to the bass discussion but i just had to)

11. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, he wasn't in 9, just 10. And Rockman and Forte was released in English on the GBA under the name Mega Man and Bass.

Faruga likes this.
  12. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

B) Yeah, I was being sarcastic. My point being that Bill/Lance is just as cool as Bass, yet people still play as Megaman. And Megaman still has enough advantages to keep him from being over-shadowed by Bass, as he isn't over-shadowed by any other character.

roman6a likes this.
  13. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

But... He's not the sexy beast who is- SHEEP MAN\sarcasm

I never really did play as Mega Man a whole lot ( I did play his games though) but this is so far the character I'm most excited about being in game in this game's history.

Fun Fact: His real name is B.Ass, the b standing for Bad, but since the game was marketed towards fans AND kids, the period was cut out, and any hints of his real name.

14. TheomanZero

15. Tienfan789

Tienfan789 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Hes not so great if you think about it- it shoots in every direction but its not very practical if you have a few people in front of you. :megaman: can fire continuously, while :bass: cannot.

16. aliceandsven

Umm what? You hold down Attack and Bass rapid fires.

17. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I dont hate Sheep Man, he's one of my favorite bosses, I just think that it sounds REALLY dumb on paper to have a Robotic Sheep that kills other robots.

18. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Can Bass double jump in SMBC? He can't in MM10. He can dash-jump, though, for long distance jumps. :D

19. TheomanZero

Er . . . the same as it was in Mega Man 10?
    Anyway, we only saw a few seconds of Bass in the trailer, but he presumably won't have the Charge Shot or Rush. Plus, his dash doesn't make him shorter like Mega Man's slide, and if he can't crouch either, that greatly limits his evasive capabilities.

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ That's a way to balance?