Official Bass: Destruction is his Forte

Bass, from Mega Man 10, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. Xman321

Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I'm gonna change my profile pic to bass, and megaman is still usefull, his shots are stronger

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

so wait.... will there be a super adaptor for bass then?!?

3. Yoshi4ever

Yoshi4ever Level 1: Goomba

I'm going to love him. Actually, i love him, and he's the best. His double jump is really good, he is much useful, and against bowser it's easy to get to toad/Princess without being scratched.
    I will love him more when he's complete.

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, there are sprites for it on his template, and Jay has mentioned that some planned features were pushed back to the next version.

5. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

YAY!! lol. i love this game! Jay, im expectin great things from you.
    DONT FUCK UP. (doubt he will. XDD)

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

This sort of goes with another suggestion of mine (seen here: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/weapon-menu-for-mega-man-and-bass.14351/ ), that Bass (along with Mega Man) gets a weapon select menu. That would be put on the "Select" button (and ideally, new "Cycle Left" and "Cycle Right" buttons akin to the L & R on an SNES controller), which would leave "Special" open . . . could that be a Dash button for Bass? He had a Dash button in the original version of Mega Man & Bass (the first game in which he could Dash, and the origin of his Double Jump), and it would certainly make dash-jumping easier. Obviously Down + Jump would still also be Dash, for consistency with Mega Man 10.

7. Objectionman

Objectionman Level 0: Newbie

I always play as Bass in the game, he is awesome! the guys did an excellent job mimicking his gameplay from MM10, I cant wait for the Treble Boost and different weapons for Bass.

8. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

I think this thread should be called Bass: Let's Do Something Stupid!

twinAgkistrodon likes this.
  9. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Believe it or not, before this game put Bass in I did not have a clue who he was. My first thoughts after playing with him were Simon Double Jump + Bill Rizer Machine Gun + Orange = :awesome:. Bass is boss with an "a" in it.

10. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

[quote="uprising1234, post: 198671, member: 3764"]Bass is boss with an "a" in it. [/quote]
    I think he is more...
    Ba(da)ss then boss but whatever floats your boat man.

11. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

He is a badass boss. Compromising always solves the problem.
    :bassdash:

12. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

|e||e||y||u||p||.| :bassdash:

uprising1234 likes this.
  13. Narematto

Narematto Level 3: Paratroopa

Bass ideas
    According to this video Bass over its capacity jumps are bigger and sprints are maintained.

14. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Please keep Bass related discussion and ideas in this thread, thanks! :bassdash:

15. Yellow Devil

Yellow Devil Level 0: Newbie

Would it be possible to seperate Bass and Mega Man even further? Screw Crusher was added as an alternative to Metal Blade but the rest of his weapons are identical to Mega Man's.

For example, the Flame Blast could be changed to the Wave Burner, the Hard Knuckle could be changed to the Noise Crush, the Charge Kick could be changed to the Slash Claw or Flame Sword, Pharaoh Shot to Ballade Cracker, Water Shield to Star Crash, Super Arm to Napalm Bomb...

Bass' weapons should compliment his faster and more mobile playstyle by giving him faster firing weapons that provide airborne or high-speed power since he'll be spending most of his time dashing or jumping. With the exception of the Flame Blast, I found many of Mega Man's weapons to be too clunky to use on Bass.

Just my opinion.

JoMamma and Alkerion like this.
  16. aliceandsven

That would be ideal, but considering they were given the same weapons in the first place to reduce the amount of work they had to do, the majority of Bass' weapons will probably remain the same for a long time.

But I would really like to see new weapons

Alkerion likes this.
  17. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I actually would like to see new weapons myself. :p I like to think of Bass having Screw Crusher as the beginning of a new set of weapons for Bass.

Alkerion and ThomasMink like this.
  18. aliceandsven

Well that would be cool... So what weapon sets are you thinking about?

Maybe it's time to play 10 so I can actually see those weapons up close

19. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I don't have a lot in mind yet. I'll probably still do one from each game, just different ones than Mega Man uses. So, since Screw Crusher is from MM10, I probably won't be using another one from MM10.

That being said, you should still play MM10, it's a fun game. :p

20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

So no more Mega Man Killer weapons? :-(