Not a Bug Bass Shooting Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by sbq92, Mar 16, 2012.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This isn't a bug that impacts gameplay, but it is a weird visual bug.

When shooting up or down with Bass, after finishing the shooting (i.e., upon releasing the attack button), the sprite always reverts to the normal forward shooting before going back to just standing/running/jumping, even if you're still holding up or down (or both for diagonal shooting).

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

I tried this and it also happens in MM10 so...... Yeah.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. sbq92

Really? I don't recall it doing this. So, for example, you hold down, just tap the shoot button, he shoots downward, then the gun flicks up to middle before being put away (and you're still holding down)?

I guess if it's in the original, then okay. Weird, though.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. BassWins

Which version of MM10 do you have(Wii, Xbox, PS3)? Because it might only be on PS3....

5. sbq92

I've only played the PS3 version, but I don't actually own it so I can't test it myself. If it's happening to you on the original, though, then that's enough to say, "It's in the original, leave it in SMBC." It doesn't impact gameplay in any way, so it's not that big a deal if it's left in. I just thought it was a graphical bug that needed to be fixed.

6. BassWins

My brother has the Wii version so I guess i'll have to go over to his place later and see if it happens on that one. Because maybe it is only PS3.

EDIT: It does not work like that on Wii (not sure about the Xbox version though).

sbq92 likes this.
  7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, if either version could be considered "accurate", we should go with the one we think looks better. I vote for the Wii version, without funky Buster resetting.

sbq92 likes this.
  8. sbq92

I'd find it strange if it worked that way on one but not the other. They're all just ports of the same game.

In any case, I agree with TheomanZero. Since the Wii version doesn't do the weird thing, there is now precedence for the weird thing not happening, so it should be changed if possible. :)

TheomanZero likes this.
  9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Anyone tested Xbox? *goes to YouTube*
    EDIT: It happens on the Xbox.

10. BassWins

Guys... the Wii version came out first so maybe it was intended that the wierd thing happens on the newer releases(Xbox, PS3).

11. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

Now why would they want to do that

12. BassWins

I don't know but it happens on the newer release so.... Yeah. But in all honesty I don't think its that big of deal. Its not like it changes gameplay much....

sbq92 likes this.
  13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

. . . Or it was a bug introduced while adapting the game to the other systems.

Chaos likes this.
  14. sbq92

True, it doesn't change anything really. I just assumed it was a bug because it looks weird.

15. BassWins

I didn't even think of that!!!! :)

I didn't say it wasn't a bug.