Official Bass Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 19, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Blah blah I made a skin and then a thread for that particular type of skin.

Anyway, Geno (Super Mario RPG) skin for Bass.
    [​IMG]
    It could still use a lot of work, but it's usable, which is important.

-Weapon meter is red cause Geno's magic aura thing is red
    -Weapon energy is syrup bottles, which restore FP (FP stands for Flower Points, MP in SMRPG)
    -Weapon energy distribution thingy is replaced with a crudely sprited flower
    -Weapon icons are star pieces, except the Hard Fist which is made to look like Geno's weapons' icon (he has a couple weapons in the game where he shoots his fists)
    -Metal Blade is Geno Whirl
    -Pharoah Shot is that attack where he summons a sun; I forget the name but if you've played it you know what I mean
    -Flame Man's weapon is replaced with a very rough iteration of the Geno Beam
    -Aqua Bubble replaced with the wish stars from Star Hill
    -Will do the Treble Adapter eventually

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It does look a bit rough (that is, based on your comment that it could use more work), but it's a fantastic idea! Geno is amazing. I look forward to the end result! :D

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Holy shit dude fucking awesome!!!!!

4. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

You just blew my mind...

Face looks like it could use a bit of work imo, and you obviously need to change the treble sprites, but it's coming along pretty well!

uglyrodent likes this.
  5. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Geno FTW. That's why as much as I like Paper Mario I don't consider it a true sequel to Super Mario RPG.
    Half the characters are missing. Even though I know Squaresoft as it was known at the time helped with SMRPG.
    But hell Geno would make a great skin for Bass. Don't have a skin diagram drawn up but what about Edgar from Final Fantasy VI for a Bass skin he would have the Auto Crossbow that would be Awesome!!!

uglyrodent and sbq92 like this.
  6. sbq92

Edgar was my favorite character from FF6! That would be pretty sweet to see! :)

In other news, I thought I'd re-post my Bass skin here, in the thread where it belongs. :)
    [​IMG]

7. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

That's really cool. I always thought the Rush adapter was underused in the Megaman games.

8. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Hey guys.
    I'm working on a Zero skin sheet on here.
    It's kinda rough right now, The original sprites are to the right. I'm using them as the BASS (U c wat I did ther).
    Zero Over Bass.png

Mr. Wright and mariobros2 like this.
  9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Looks weird so far...

10. Omegaman

And of course,
    No one likes my skins.

11. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That's awfully negative after one response. I don't recall anyone complaining about your other skins.

Nutty20 and Rey D like this.
  12. sbq92

That Zero skin actually looks like it's coming along quite well. Some of the sprites are missing the hair, but otherwise it's looking good!

13. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

I think it looks a bit off because there are too many colors, so rather than looking "NES" like, it looks more handdrawn.

If you make his hair and the highlights on his boots the same shade of yellow, it will look much more authentic.

14. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Yea and Zero is too unique to be a Bass skin in my opinion. If he had to be a skin I'd say more like Ryu. But X even though I guess he could work as a Mega Man skin and Zero should be they're own characters. But that's just my view.

15. Omegaman

Well, I'm getting Sqb to do the climb sprites, but having Zero as Ryu does sound really good.

I'm using a sheet that I found on the internet >.< I didn't make those sprites. I've just been doing diagnol ones and stuff.

16. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Made a Banjo skin for Bass!
    [​IMG]

If you like it, show support and give feedback on my Banjo skins thread!

17. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

I am working on a tails skin for Bass. ( If your wondering why, play Tails Adventure(s))
    Of course it needs lots of working on but i'd thought i post how its going.
    Tails skin.png

luigiman64 likes this.
  18. Nat

Would anyone mind listing all the weapons and their symbols?

19. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

I LOVE the tails sprites! Miles Prower FTW!

Also, I'm wondering what you will do about Treble... Maybe the X Tornado?

20. Nat

I'm not sure because i'm using tails adventure sprites. Tails has a mini robot, but im wondering if its too small.