Official Bass Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This looks great! Is it based on anything or are they original sprites you made?

Paladin Neri likes this.
  2. Dameon_Schnider

Dameon_Schnider Level 1: Goomba

Thanks, I'm glad you like them.

They're all original sprites I made. Half because I've never really cared for most of the 8-bit Bass sprites I've seen, and half because a friend of mine wanted some original Bass sprites for a game he was working on.

Paladin Neri and sbq92 like this.
  3. Paladin Neri

Paladin Neri Level 3: Paratroopa

They look quite good. Nice job. :]

4. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

I like these also, keep up the good work!

Paladin Neri likes this.
  5. sbq92

I updated my Metall sheet and turned it into a sheet for Bass, since Metalls are enemies (I made an accompanying Eddie sheet for Mega Man):

[​IMG]

As an additional comment on this one, I don't think it needs to change color with the weapons. Dr. Wily not changing colors works fine, so I think this would, too. :)

6. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Love this one!

BlueJackle and Frozsoul like this.
  7. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

That's awesome!

8. Paladin Neri

Paladin Neri Level 3: Paratroopa

Those are great. :)

9. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

What if someone made a skin that made Bass look like Jay?...Just throwing that out there.

10. silentshadowxp

I feel like Mario or Link would be a better choice. Mario because he's the "main" character, and Link because of his famous downward thrust quote.

11. nickreaper

How about a Jay skin for every character...

12. nickreaper

No really, I'd have to stop work on any skins I'm doing right now that aren't ports, but if others would be willing to help I would start work on a Jay Pavlina skin for every character in the game. I'd start with Bass, because Mega Man characters are easy to skin. They've got big expressive heads.

13. silentshadowxp

They really are easy to skin, that's why I've been doing a lot of skins for them lately. As for helping, I would, but I'm really only good at skinning when I'm basing it off of a video game, and I don't want to offend Jay with my unworthy skinning of him XD

14. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

I think that X (from Megaman X) would be a good sprite for Bass.

15. ThomasMink

As promised, here's a WIP of converting my Quick Man skin for Mega Man into a Bass skin:
    [​IMG]

Semi-annoying process. Not looking forward to the rest of the shooting up sprites. However, it is rewarding when you finally get it looking at least somewhat decent.

TheomanZero and silentshadowxp like this.
  16. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Wow, the little touches you made to that portrait are pretty wise! :D That Quick Man sheet looks definitely nice! I'm looking for the rest! :D

17. ThomasMink

Ya know.. I didn't intend to have this many WIPs of this, but things seem to rarely ever go according to plan. Guess it's my desire for feedback that causes it, I dunno.
    [​IMG]

Don't pay the dash sprite any attention. I know it's bad, but I decided to leave it in there anyway. However, the Quick Copter is complete! Watch in amazement as one of the faster robot masters out there intentionally slows himself down with a clumsy looking propeller in order to fly! (Side note.. I've never seen Treble Boost in action, so my knowledge of its speed is absolute zero)
    Joking aside, I originally started on the idea while I was brainstorming other ideas.. found myself completing it instead of seeing how the others looked in comparison. If it's too silly, it can be changed. :)

18. sbq92

That's looking fantastic! :D

I think the dash sprite looks really good, though it is lacking a bit of Quick Man's...um, "bulk"? It could probably remain as it is, though. :)

I really like the idea of the "Quick Copter". You're right, the Treble Boost slows him right down. Not much you can do about that, though. :)

I have something for you:
    [​IMG]

I've been replacing the Super Arm, Metal Blade, and Hard Knuckle icons with updated (and official) icons, which Ryuza never got around to updating all of the sheets with. These are them, you can just copy them and paste them into your sheet. :) (You might as well do it now, since I'd probably just do it later anyway. :p)

I really like how this sheet has turned out! Playing as Quick Man is going to be so much fun! :D

Rey D likes this.
  19. Zarran

Zarran Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Thought I would post a work in progress of my Dr. Cossack skin for Bass.
    Dr Cossack.png

20. ThomasMink

I think that's my main problem with it as well. The more I looked at it though, the more content I was with it. The 'dash' pose is main factor. When he's leaning forward with one leg bent in such a fashion that his one knee is essentially under his chin, there's not much that can be done with trying to show more of the bulk. His black biceps and thighs don't help much either.

Thank you for those! I knew something looked off about the Hard Knuckle icon, but I never researched why. Didn't notice the others, however.

And with that, I have a (maybe) final WIP:
    [​IMG]
    It features Quick Man holding his fist up in victory while looking slightly up to the skies.. and also his 'super hero pose' for the poster!

Been debating with myself if I want to change the look of some of the other weapons or not. Part of me wants to, but another part of me says to leave them.

sbq92 likes this.