Official Bass Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

It's the evil Dr. Forte!!!

I just noticed Bass and Mega Man have separate blocks for the Buster Shots. I was wondering programming wise, what are the possibilities? Can Mega Man technically fire his Buster in multiple directions at a rapid fire pace although his animations cannot aim? I'm just curious due the potential of Robot Masters playing differently than either Bass or Mega Man.

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know if any of you remember Ceed's Isaac skin, based on the Binding of Isaac
    BoI_skin.png
    And if you don't, it can only be because you've never played Binding of Isaac. It's not expensive. Go buy it now. It's absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, on a whim I whipped up my own variation;
    bluebaby.png
    This is ???, a playable character whose name is legitimately "???".

As you can see, I edited the face and tossed on a heaping helping of palette swap. I changed the Beggar (Toad replacement) into a demon beggar from the Wrath of the Lamb expansion, I included Inner Eye as the Magma Bazooka replacement (similar to the Magma Bazooka, Inner Eye allows you to fire three shots at once), and I did a new portrait based on his artwork:
    BlueBabyDescent.png
    That's uh...not for his death or anything. He just looks like that.

There's not much to this, and it was just something I threw together for fun, so I'm just gonna toss it on the wiki now, but opinions and feedback are, as always, appreciated.

silentshadowxp, Ceed, Omicron and 3 others like this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

As I understand, this is something you did "for fun", yet you put it (or at least said so) on the Wiki. Putting it on the Wiki means -as far as I understand- submitting the skins for Super Mario Bros. Crossover .
    So I understand that you are actually partly serious about it. Am I right ?

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Please don't submit to the wiki before the community has even had a chance to look at it.

If you're just making a skin for fun / a joke skin, it's enough to just post it here.

EDIT: I'm going to take it down since I really feel it was wrong to put it there before anyone even saw it, let alone getting community approval

6. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

I don't see why it shouldn't be there. It's pretty well executed.

7. uglyrodent

"Just for fun" applies to all my skins. But some of them are also serious, such as this one.

Usually when I say "just for fun" it's because it's less work to have made. If it's a joke or not intended to be in the game, I try to make it plainly obvious that it's not a "real" skin, and I wouldn't upload it :)

Please don't start a discussion about this; I am moving the conversation to a PM we have for conflict resolution.

Thank you.

EDIT: Herpaderp I meant to come back and merge these once I realized they were separate but it was already done :D

Thanks mystery merger. Most likely Alice.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  8. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

[​IMG]
    Good luck, somebody.

Mitewing likes this.
  9. uglyrodent

Already on it.

Dimpsy, Mitewing and Alkerion like this.
  10. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Kirby - Bass.png

So since I find this movement to have Kirby skinned over every character to be an awesome idea, I decided to create one for Bass. It's more or less the same as the MegaMan skin, with the only real difference now being that the mint leaf replaces Treble. Still putting on the finishing touches. I'll credit everyone who worked on the MegaMan version of this as well when I put it up on the wiki.

Edit: Finished!
    Kirby - Bass.png

Nat, Zarran, Develon and 6 others like this.
  11. uglyrodent

I have finished updating all of my Bass skins.
    Black mage.png
    -Minor touchups to the legs on the climbing sprits and the magic meter
    -Added "Dark" as a replacement for Screw Crusher.
    -Added Monks as Toad and a White Mage as Peach.
    bluebaby.png
    -Added My Reflection as Screw Crusher; in Binding of Isaac it makes your bullets travel roughly 75% their normal distance but then double back in an arc. It was the closest to Screw Crusher I could think of.
    Geno.png
    -Touched up the Coil, Marine, and Jet item bag sprites; I know they're not used I just wanted to show off.
    -Also used the new Item bad for the Screw Crusher replacement; it's a Star Candy
    -Toad is a star piece; Peach is another of Geno's race (you collect seven star pieces and report back to your own kind)
    Geno16.png GenoGB.png
    (same for these)
    Terra.png
    -Added Demi as Screw Crusher

Dimpsy and Alkerion like this.
  12. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

You will rehput them to the wiki?

I will need maybe some help to finish them,because I have a lot of them.Or maybe not.I will try my best.

13. uglyrodent

Nope, but they're right there on the skin and available through PM to anyone who asks me for them.

14. Dimpsy

Come on uglyrodent, you can do a better 16-bit Geno!
    [​IMG]
    The original Geno compared with my 16-bit Geno (and just my ver. of a Mega Man style Geno overall, may make an 8-bit ver. later). Though if I make this myself, it'll be a long time from now, I got other stuff holding me back from such a project anyways.

silentshadowxp and TheomanZero like this.
  15. uglyrodent

Man I did this back before 2.0 even came out.

And I didn't even WANT to make it 16-bit. I made the 8-bit one and did a lazy reshade cause everyone told me to :p

This is pretty well done though. If you make a whole sheet, I'd easily pick it over mine.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  16. Dimpsy

It's okay man, besides I honestly do not see Geno making it into the game as a skin. Maybe somewhat, and only if you're lucky. I mean hell, I haven't seen say Mario skins on say Simon or Mega Man skins on say Ryu make it in so I am not sure if things like that is even possible to begin with (Though I'm 80% sure that the team will still accept the skins and I think the reason is because I don't see the team trying to overrepresent a franchise already existing as a normal character and not a skin).
    But yea, I'll possible either make this 16-bit skin as a single thing, or I might actually make both the 8-bit and 16-bit ver. It depends on the time I can give myself to sit down and work on this.

silentshadowxp and uglyrodent like this.
  17. uglyrodent

geminimangb.png
    Still needs:
    -Treble Boost form (although I did the Treble animation)
    -Climbing, Dashing, and Aimed Shooting

Nat, ThomasMink, TheomanZero and 4 others like this.
  18. Dochobin

Dochobin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

That looks awesome. I love Gemini Man so much. Good work!

Anyway, here's what I've been working on lately.
    Here's Louie, Olimar's partner from Pikmin 2 (and probably Pikmin 3). I made an 8-bit styled version and a 16-bit styled version.
    8-bit:
    [​IMG]

16 bit:
    [​IMG]

I've also made Bass skins of Olimar and the President (both of whom I already made a Mega Man skin for). I figured, since making a Bass sheet from a Mega Man sheet and vice versa is so easy, I might as well make both a Mega Man version and a Bass version for each, so that if they do get in the game, ER can put them over whichever character they choose.

8-bit Olimar:
    [​IMG]

16-bit Olimar:
    [​IMG]

8-bit President
    [​IMG]

16-bit President
    [​IMG]

How do they look? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Alkerion likes this.
  19. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

DrillMan_Bass_Skin.png

Drill Man updated to the 3.0 template.
    Used the pickaxe weapon for Screw Crusher.. but still left it there for Metal Blade too for whatever reason.
    Beat used for Toad instead of Helipon.
    Shrunk the rock used for Water Shield, but kept the Power Stone weapon icon.

uglyrodent, Mitewing and Alkerion like this.
  20. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Double posting, because.

Bass_007.png

Changed Screw Crusher into Bubble Lead for Quick Man. At this point, I think it's probably the only MM2 weapon remaining that is even a remote fit.

Develon, uglyrodent, sbq92 and 5 others like this.