Request Battletoads Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Pep Talk MOTHER FUCKER

To all who are giving up on Rash:
    How dare they say RASH make SMBC to easy, Kirby could just fly over every damn thing in the game.

Besides he has the most complicated moveset.

So what if hes a beat'em up?? Only about 45% of Battletoads was Beat'em up! EVERYTHING ELSE WAS A PLATFORMER. To fair though BT&DD was about 90% beat'em up.

Also, So what if hes a rip of TMNT. Having TMNT in smbc would mean sacrificing 3 or 1 of the turtles (Unless you can toggle with special- oops)

And FUCK TROLLS they can go cry in the corner cause Kirby didn't make it in. I think we are all mature enough to respect Jay's opinion.

Plus, Jay would not let us rot after all the damn work we did.

Rash's Blood is mostly platformer just nobody has the balls to get past the 3rd damn level which I have done!

Guys come on pull your selfs together, and lets show them WE WANNA PUNCH A GOOMBA MOTHER FUCKER

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

You do realize that even if the Battletoads aren't added anytime soon or in the next update or whatever, that doesn't mean they'll never be added, right? You may just need to be patient. The game potentially has a long way to go. I wouldn't assume that just because the Battletoads aren't added next update they'll never be added. Also, regarding the poll and Kirby currently winning, so what? Even if Kirby were to be added sooner that still doesn't mean the Battletoads never will. It's not a competition between the Battletoads and Kirby. It's a decision for Jay and Jay alone to make.

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know about you but I haven't seen anyone troll any of you in the entirety of this thread, or the forums for that matter (regarding the Battletoads).

Or are you saying that if someone puts effort into thinking of ideas for Kirby, or roots for Kirby, that means they're trolling Battletoads?

Also; yes kirby can fly, but this slows him down and you'll never be able to beat any speed runs if you just fly. In order to speed run you'll have to make contact with the ground to dash, and deal with obstacles. Other characters have issues with being overpowered as well (Link beating Bowser in 1 second, Sophia bypassing castle levels thanks to sticky tires, Samus in general) but they're still in the game. Also just flying is incredibly boring and you'd miss out on all the fun of playing as Kirby.

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Kirby's flying would also be completely useless on all underground and castle levels, as well as kinda useless on the water levels (Bloobers can still hit you). Or any level with a Lakitu. So the flying thing is not so overpowered as one might think.

Anyway, I really have nothing against a beatemup character being in SMBC myself. It's true I kinda don't want Rash in the game, but a beatemup in general would be a really cool addition.

5. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I'm thinking to the left of Ryu all the way down, because he needs room to swing the rope. The only problem with that is that the rope will get in the other character's way.

I'm also thinking that he would be on top of the same platform that Simon has.

Likes? Other ideas?

6. Captain Rizer

Cause you guys think I'm whining or something let me adress all of you.

Well I didn't say Rash would be overpowered I said he would add a strategic feel to the game where you always have different combinations of moves. And I said that stuff about trolls because Captain Knight thought if Rash got in the game first everybody would hate us and I said screw that. Also I NEVER said that people who do work for Kirby are trolling, in fact I would like to see what people can do besides music.

I completely respect your opinion UG along with everybody else's. And Kirby jumping 5 times still is pretty bad but that just what I think its my honest opinion just like how you don't want rash in the game I respect that. But I have disagree with you saying that his jump would be useless on those levels:
    Water- Just jump out of the water and hover across the stage. Unless he can swim...
    Castle- Hug the ceilings with 5 jumps would allow you to get over those huge fire bars.
    Underground- I thought you were kidding about this one, you can just jump up at the beginning of the level and go on the ceilings.
    Lakitu- Just jump up and when kirby breaths out after puffing up that breath of air hurts bad guys so you could just go up and kill the lakitu with air.

Likes. I'll throw something together when I get a chance.

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Samus can bomb-jump up there right from the start

Sophia can climb the wall to the left of the start, so can Ryu

8. Captain Rizer

I don't remember saying that Kirby is the only character that can do that...

Captain Knight likes this.
  9. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Is he actually gonna hold the rope until selected? If I remember correctly, don't the toads and the dragons in bt&dd just swing their arms, throw, and then the rope comes from out of nowhere? I don't see why it cant be the same way when Rash is selected.

10. Captain Knight

Well, since there's no sprites for him walking with a rope, Rash will walk without a rope, then when he gets selected, he swings the rope, flings it into the air, and hangs on. Although, he doesn't stay on the in mid-air for long. Maybe for like 2 seconds then the Character Card shows up.

Do you get it?

11. bnjay29

Oh I was thinking he would be lifted up into the air and off the screen.

12. Captain Knight

What happens if he's blocked by a block? We can't just let him disappear on the title screen? The characters stay there while you do the options and all of that, so he'll get blocked if he gets in front of the blocks.

13. Captain Rizer

I say we place his mushroom between Samus's and Sophia's so there is an opening to throw his rope up into the sky and has room the be lifted up.

14. Captain Knight

Well, like I said before, he'll only be in the air for a very short amount of time, so people don't have to stare at him for 10 seconds, but only 6 or 5, which would be better.

Do you know what I mean?

15. Captain Rizer

Yeah I get it it only takes him 2 seconds to swing his rope then 3 to be lifted up thats all.

Also should we have the beep at the beginning of each level like in my Music test, cause Sophia's music goes all the way through to the over wold level.

16. bnjay29

How about the press start sound effect when you begin the game? The one that kinda sounds like an explosion?

17. Captain Knight

Honestly, I really like the idea of doing the beep you did in the Music Test because it was used in the SAME EXACT situation.

This reminds me, we need to get the punch/kick sound effects and that beep, because that's one of the things that people look forward to in SMBC. Related sound effects.

18. Captain Rizer

*Bursts From Yet Another Deep Slumber*

HUZZAH!

I'm really sorry for leaving all of you and Rash out to dry, I'm back on the case!!!!!!!!!!

*jumps out the window*

19. Captain Knight

THANK YOU!

I might edit this post, but all we need is the SFX and all of the music to have a "Low", "Medium", and "High" levels, like in the options.

20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'm actually beginning to like the idea of having Rash amd Zitz in the game.