Request Battletoads Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

A suggestion: Since we are getting skins, the power up colors should be changed, since currently they match the colors of the 3 Battletoads. This way the main character can be Rash while the skins are Pimple and Zitz.

World 1-1 likes this.
  2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Sounds good for me.

3. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Ive been waaay ahead of you guys for A LOOOONG TIME!

Normal: Zitz
    Mushroom: Rash
    Fireflower: Pimple

Like i said before everything you need to know is on the WIKI

4. World 1-1

Where exactly?

5. Mitewing

What I meant is that this should be changed due to the fact there will be skins.
    The Toads should not use each others' colors for their powerups.

6. Captain Rizer

Well re skins. Im not shure about I should work on a skin palette... But Rash has ALOT of sprites..

Click the "Rash For SMBC" bar in either me or Captain Knight's signature

7. World 1-1

Okay. I was looking for it in the forum wiki.

8. Mitewing

Every sprite don't need to be recolored. Just select the 3-4 colors for each powerup for each character. That's a total of 6 recolors.

9. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Let's go BACK to the to-do list
    1. Make music for "low" quality, "medium" quality, and "high" quality
    2. Add more sprites for the grid. Grid is here : [​IMG]
    • Add [​IMG]
    • Add Battering Ram
    • Add the little white sparks when you punch/kick/ram/uppercut any of the enemies. You'll know what I'm talking about if you see Captain Rizer's animations on his sig when he punches/kicks the goomba.
    1. Figure out what happens to Rash when people start clicking away on the main menu. Like, if he gets covered by a block.
    EDIT (10 February 2012) : We don't need to do things number 1 & 3 because of the update. We only need to currently make the completed grid, and possibly a few skins, like the 16 bit one.

10. Captain Rizer

BUMP. And I started on the 16-bit grid also I'm working on a Rash skin for Simon.

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

So do the Battletoads have powerups that we are not aware of?

12. Captain Rizer

Nope they just kinda naturally kick-ass but the power ups system is now a huge road block unless we just wanna wanna keep the current one where its mushroom and fire flower but I guess the other colors aren't necessary.

13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

The new power-up and skin systems would certainly make it easier to have all three Battletoads, especially since I think they only differed from each other gameplay-wise in the Arcade game. The only power-up I can think of for them is The Stick.

14. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well, there was the Walker Leg, the Fire-Breathing Flying Pig (limited flight), and uh... yeah, okay, weapons/power-ups are few and far between. Could always use one to unlock like the Battering Ram attack, and such.

Oh, and 16-bit sprites would just be a matter of going into the Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team from the SNES (and GB too for GB Sprites), to cover all the sprite basis.

15. Captain Rizer

Here is the sprite plan:

NES: Battle Toads
    SNES: Battle Toads & Double Dragon (Snes version)
    GB: There was a battletoads for the gameboy color that could work

Now for those of you who are wondering why I shouldn't use the sprites from Battletoads In: Battlemaniacs or the arcade version is because they are simply too big and would stand out wayy to much. Now the SNES version of battletoads and double dragon actully just revamps the original look which is what we want.

IN OTHER NEWS.

My Rash skin for simon doesn't work cause rash is huge lol. But I did make a different simon skin that worked out pretty well go check it out!

16. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Actually, there was no GBC release of any Battletoads game, at least not according to the listing of titles from GameFAQS. The last Battletoads game (BT/DD) came out in 1993, while the GBC didn't release until 1998.

Total Battletoads Library
    NES: Battletoads and Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team
    GB: Battletoads (different from NES release, as far as game world), Battletoads in Ragnarok's World (original NES port), and Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team
    SNES: Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (sprites are so not usable) and Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team

And that is literally it (the original Battletoads was released on like a half-dozen OTHER systems too).

But at least we have the proper sprites, thanks to the BT/DD games being on all 3 needed platforms. Would also be perfect if we wanted to bring Billy and Jimmy Lee into the game, either as skins for the Toads, since they fight very similar in these games, or as characters of their own from their game line.

17. Captain Rizer

Yeah That's work great I'll get to work later I already have all the nes sprites on the wiki so all i need are the SNES and GB sprites

18. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

The only power-up would be the stick. The only other power-ups that would be acceptable would be just mushroom and flower. So instead it'll just be a traditional Mario game where you get Mushroom first and Fire Flower always after that.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Captain Rizer

Unless... Now Im a little uneasy about this idea... You can get different attacks as powerups? But I'd much rather prefer traditional... Just a thought...

20. Mitewing

There's no need for different attacks for powerups. All they need is a stick. The BTs are that badass!