Request Battletoads Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Probably Not even the stick because with the stick gameplay would be halved in entertainment... also I got this for everyone:

NES​
    battletoads-1.gif
    SNES​
    BattleToads.gif
    GAME BOY!​
    Zitz.gif

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  2. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Awesome Sprite Sheets, though the vehicle ones and rope ones, are likely not needed, since I got no clue how you could put those into SMBC.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well they'll have to be re-arranged to fit in SMBC, so there's no sense chopping them up yet.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Captain Rizer

Silly gooses I already cropped everything for NES look at the wiki guys everything is practically done.

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Uh...no. Jay and Ryuza, assuming the Battetoads are put in, would need to figure out which frames they are using and rearrange it into a sheet like the others with the purple and and organization and such. Even if you do something similar, there's no guarantee it would count :\

TheomanZero likes this.
  6. Captain Rizer

This is very true... Well then what more is there to do? I mean we have 20 pages of raw material but no guarantees. Not even a nod of approval from the SMBC staff... Cause we have the sprites done, the music decided, and Idea for the character trailer. I mean all we need is a portrait but thats not that hard to get.

But other than that we are done and all we can do is wait as this thread drifts to the back of the forums collecting dust.

7. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Well we need to decide different music for different systems. Also the sprite template, and that's all. We'll gather the different system's music slowly, since we have plenty of time until the update.

8. Captain Rizer

That Is true but im an impatient man and I might get it finished early lol sorry if that happens.

9. Captain Knight

That's fine, let's just find youtube channels that have the different system battletoads music, to start.

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Just a thought...if Rash gets in the game, how similar are their moves compared to the Double Dragons in their crossover game? If they exactly or almost exactly alike, then Jimmy and Billy can be skins just like Zitz and Pimple.

11. TheomanZero

Will that work? Doesn't Jay need the music in its NES format to use in the sound emulator?
    The Double Dragons had a completely different moveset from the Battletoads in that game. I think Bimmy Billy and Jimmy would be better off as a separate character (with a skin for the other one).

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Captain Knight

They would do very well as skins, since Billy and Jimmy are the same type of Video Game Characters, beat-em-up with no projectiles.
    Well if we get SNES and Gameboy skins of Rash and Zitz, then we have to get SNES and Gameboy music from the SNES and Gameboy Battletoads games. We just have to find the songs we need, we'll worry about the sound emulator later, let's just find the tracks we need.

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Captain Rizer

I can get the SNES ones down in a second but how are we gonna get the Gameboy ones?

14. Captain Knight

Well the Battletoads & Double Dragon game is on the SNES, and there's an original Battletoads remake on the Genesis, for 16 bit music.

Not much love from the Genesis Battletoads soundtrack. Same for the Gameboy. There's one song and it's the title theme. The other Battletoads game on Gameboy has much love for their soundtrack, but not Ragnarok's world, the NES port.

As for the Battletoads and Double Dragon tracks, there's no way to make them Gameboy and SNES tracks, if there is any. We're practically doomed for the Gameboy tracks.

Captain Rizer and TheomanZero like this.
  15. TheomanZero

Thanks for gathering all this here.

16. Captain Rizer

Well I finshed up the Gameboy:

Overworld (Also for platform levels liek 1-3):

Underground:

Water:

Bonus:

Castle:

Boss:

Night:

Credits:

Sounds for stage complete and world complete would be same as NES. Along with Entering Pipe.

17. Captain Knight

Why is the credits Stage 3? Shouldn't it be the Title theme I posted?

18. Captain Rizer

I thought about this but I thought we agreed on making the title screen the character select noise earlier. And Ninja Gaiden's credits is the 4-2 theme so I don't see why? Plus the game has only 8 tracks + the title theme and stage three didn't fit anything unless you really wanna make the title theme the credits as well you COULD use stage 3 as over world 2 like 1-3 the platformy stages. Just it doesn't fit to well as the other tracks did.

19. Captain Knight

Selection
    Overworld
    Underworld
    Underwater
    Night
    Castle
    Entering Pipe
    Underground Bonus
    Sky Bonus
    Hurry!
    Death
    Game Over
    Stage Clear
    Castle Clear
    Ending
    That's all we need. The only things that were added to the update was the Underground Bonus and the Boss

20. Captain Rizer

You forgot Overwolrld 2