Request Battletoads Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

400TH POST!
    And I couldn't have, because I copied and pasted the Music from the wiki and took out the song names.
    Well let's find all the songs we can find for the Gameboy Battletoads and sort it out, then we'll start deciding officially. We obviously have the songs you gave us, so allow me to put them in this post. I won't be posting what you thought was the correct song choice, because then we'll all decide that's correct, when there could have been a better one. What I'm trying to say is, let's say what we think is the correct one without prior knowledge of what people think. Not saying your choice are bad, I'm just using the music you gave us.

Somehow, we're going to have to fit all of those songs into 16 different situations. Now, every single Rash supporter, please come up with your own suggestions for the songs with ALL of the song situations in SMBC. Also, after your decision, put a second choice in parenthesis. E.G. Stage 60 - Overworld (Underground Bonus). So Underground Bonus would be your second choice and Overworld would be your first choice.

Selection
    Overworld
    Underworld
    Underwater
    Night
    Castle
    Entering Pipe
    Underground Bonus
    Sky Bonus
    Hurry!
    Death
    Game Over
    Stage Clear
    Castle Clear
    Ending
    GO!

2. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

But that wiki post was made long before 2.0 and now if you haven;t noticed some characters have 2 over world themes. Which would mean we add one more song but its optional is all I'm saying. If we don't have enough songs then we can just use one main over world theme.

EDIT: I think we should use the NES sounds for Stage and Castle Clear. Also Im side working on the SNES one. There are tracks we could use from Battlemaniacs that wouldn't be too outta place.

And one other thing HOW IS RASH NOT IN YET? I mean 401 posts of solid team work and effort not just people saying "ooh i want him in smbc" 128 times. We lead the character request forum in posts and pages! 21 FRIGGIN PAGES! Plus we have almost been at this for a strait year I think we deserve a little bit of recognition for all the hard work we are putting into this even though we lucked out on 3 updates already losing to ryu, SOPHIA, Bass, and luigi, i think its about time we get a character that DOESNT USE WEAPONS.

-_-​

Mitewing likes this.
  3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

It doesn't matter how much time you put in, it just depends on whether Jay wants to use him. If character inclusion was based on community support, Kirby and Sonic would have been added long ago. You're asking for recognition for a character that your primary audience (Jay and Ryuza) are not, at least currently, at all interested in.

As for a character that doesn't use weapons...
    :bmario: :luigiB:
    I'm just saying, the fireballs are an ability, not a weapon.

Rey D likes this.
  4. Captain Rizer

Well then what is the point of having a suggestion threads and suggestion part of the wiki? All Jay has to do is make a thread saying "I'm gonna put _________ in the game. Now give me ideas on how _________ is gonna work" if its based on just him putting in what he wants. But luigi was in super mario bros so he really doesn't count I'm talking about all the "guest characters".

But I guess I'm just pissed cause all our hard work is almost pointless...

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well no one has really asked you to think about it that much, right? If you think it really lacks attention, you can contact Jay personally and ask why he hasn't added Rash.

6. Captain Rizer

Well to be honest I'm sure he is had thousands of people do that to him about Sonic. I mean the most I could ask him (Which I think I did already) is to look at it for the most part. And if he is not interested we can stop wasting our time.

7. uglyrodent

I wasn't saying planning them out is pointless, just that you should have known there was no guarantee of inclusion. I guess it just seems a little silly to me to work toward something that had at most a moderate chance of paying off, and then getting annoyed because it hasn't been used.

I mean, Sonic Boll suffered the same fate, but their plan was not only planned out but straight up programmed.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"Well then what is the point of having a suggestion threads and suggestion part of the wiki?"

There is none. I don't even see why these sections need to exist anymore, save for the bug and skins forum. 95% of everything in these sections will never even be considered. Even if they did try to add everything here, the volume of people and the amount of suggestions is too great. It would take years to even get close to finishing everything here.

I don't know when it happened but people began to think that they were a part of the development team and they were entitled to have their ideas included. And it seems that if Jay decides to add anything, he's gonna do it his way, unless it's the most simple suggestion, like adding those invisible skins.

When ReNeX made sonic boll it quickly became apparent that this is not the kind of support Jay was looking for. He didn't want to emulate what other people have already done, he wanted to do it his way. What's the difference between a game like sonic boll and a thread like this, or the kirby one, with hundreds of posts detailing how it would work? Just a single step, which is the programming and realization of those suggestions.

I'm not trying to talk down to anyone, this is something I had to realize myself as well. I've had this feeling for a while but now I'm saying it since people are acting like it's unthinkable not to add a 400 post suggestion.

Rey D, uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  9. Captain Rizer

So what now? Do we keep working or do we just let this die? Because like alice said (and he is right) that almost all of these wouldn't be considered I remember when the update with SOPHIA came out there were almost no popular threads asking about her which is an another example of Jay only putting in what he wants I mean he should just close this entire part of the forums and just have bugs and skins like alice said.

I didn't mean to cause this small little fallout we just had I'm just curious about how this whole SMBC thing works I've been a member for a little over a year now and all I've seen is a struggle in the character requests forums between Rash, Sonic, and Kirby. Yet how almost nobody knows who rash is we got him recognized. To be honest I never knew who Sophia was till SMBC and she got added. Alot of this thread is just finger crossing, we have absouletly no idea if Jay or Ryuza even know this thread exists.

If you guys haven't noticed yet but Jay spends almost NO time what so ever in this side of the forums mainly on Exploding Rabbit News, Videos, and Forums. Barely ever in main SMBC. But what are we to expect Jay DID say that we wasn't gonna mainly focus on SMBC and that he was gonna direct a little bit more attention towards his film career. Who are we to stop him from doing that?

All I'd like to know is what to do now? Let this thread Live or Die?

10. uglyrodent

You guys have planned the character to a T. You should let it die, not because it's hopeless (it never is) but
    because there's simply nothing left to discuss unless you want to hammer out the last few details.

11. Captain Rizer

Well thats what we have been trying to do get rid of those little details like the Music and how his power ups are gonna work because 2.0 opened up a lot of doors and we just need to make what we have now work for 2.0

But other than that your right we are done. Making a skin grid is pointless because we never know how the sprites would be situated if Rash was ever accepted I tried doing a Simon skin but Rash Is simply to big.

12. Captain Knight

2.0 began new music with each system, so we're deciding the music for the Gameboy right now, and we'll do the SNES afterwards. We also need to get the skins ready.

13. Captain Rizer

14. Captain Knight

Stage 1 - Overworld

Stage 2 - Underworld
    Stage 3 - Sky Bonus (Underworld, Night)
    Stage 4 - Hurry! (Underground Bonus)
    Stage 5 - Boss BattleStage 6 - Underwater, Entering Pipe (Hurry!)Stage 7 - Castle
    Stage 8 - Night (Underground Bonus) Title Theme - Selection, Ending (Castle Clear)

Those are my choices, and I can't wait to discuss the music choices you guys had.

15. Captain Rizer

Uhm who is "you guys?" We are kinda the only 2 working on this everyone else provides feed back on what we did...

16. Captain Knight

[user]Mitewing[/user] and [user]TheomanZero[/user] are also posting here frequently. Or at least I hope XD. Should we do Genesis Battletoads music or should we do the Battlemaniacs music instead?

17. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I've been posting here for moral support and to throw ideas around. I don't have indepth knowledge or time to research. Rash is in my top 3 of nonplatforming characters I think Jay may be adding.

18. Captain Rizer

Well this is good. Also Rey_D finished his portrait for Rash so he should be posting after me!

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So it's not a skin. Ok... [​IMG]
    EDIT: x3: Rash_portrait_x3.png

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

What the Battletoads have in their favor is the unique gameplay (beat em up) and the multiple games for sprites and music from NES, SNES, and Gameboy.