Request Battletoads Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Feb 2, 2011.

1. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

The title screen music needs to be somewhere!

2. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

It'll probably when a Battletoad gets chosen.

Maybe the helicopter type thing pulls down the rope and the Battletoad rises up the screen with the rope in their hands. That's gonna need some custom sprites though, maybe.

Maybe in mushroom form, Zits can punch the player in the ground, and kick them, when pressing the special attack button.

In Flower, you could use those bull horns when pressing the special attack button.

Any other ideas? This is all I got.

3. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Not necessarily, Level 2 has the battletoads one a rope going down. Just have the rope go up with the same sprites.

This is an obvious choice, but I tried to pick music that would fit the levels the best. Level 3 seemed a bit more menacing or evil then the last level music, but I added that idea anyways.

They could probably eat coins and power ups like they do with flies in the original game.

UPDATE: Major edit to post 31. I replaced all the music references to the videos to MP3s that I found on the web. And remember, submit your ideas to the wiki. That's what it's there for!

4. Captain Knight

Oh yeah...so how is it going to go up? Same way with level 2? Yes, I am a dope...

Button mechanic? Already have the special button used. Also, you can't really control the tounge, is it going to just home into it without you controlling it?

5. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

what about like ryu you hold down a button then boom free coins

6. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

I think the tongue is too much. The battletoads are just suppose to be simple brawlers, adding the tongue would take some away from that.

7. Captain Knight

Well, I do approve of Pokemondream's suggestion.

The controls would be like Ryu's windmill. People wouldn't use it as much, because it has that kind of control scheme.

Also, I don't think the Battletoads are "Simple." They can grow horns, beat people in the ground, fists enlarge, along with feet.

Don't think that's simple.

But yeah, I will start putting in the suggestions in the Wiki, so look out for it.

8. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

Holy crap, that sounds like an awesome idea.

9. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

And I thought of another possible moveset:
    Normal: Regular punch/kick.
    Mushroom: Combos that cause knockback.
    Fire Flower: Pipe or other weapon.

10. Captain Knight

Combos that cause knockback?

Examples?

Also, pipe is the stick thing, right?

Well, it can't just magically appear, IMO. Although it could be like Link's boomerang, but still. Would combos include the horns and the pounding into ground?

Also, just to throw this out here, which Battletoad will be in the standard form (Rash, for e.g.), Mushroom (Zits, for e.g.), and flower (Pimples for e.g.).

11. pokemondream

is there a sprite for the toad to climb?

12. yerffej

Yes, there is. They climb on atleast one of the levels I believe

13. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Yes, in the snake level.

14. pokemondream

15. Sophitroid

Sophitroid Level 1: Goomba

Would be cool to have the Battletoads in SMBC!
    Imagine punching Bowser to death! 0_o

16. Captain Knight

Oh yes, this brings up another discussion, what happens when a Battletoad does a fist inlarging punch? Does he take it like a man, or explode?

17. yerffej

[​IMG]

18. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

If Jay decides to add the 3 different toads as powerups, what will the name be?

The obvious choice is to just say "Battletoad" but I was thinking when he talks to Toad it should just use the name of whoever is out at that time.

19. Rockstar_Bob

Rockstar_Bob Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Or he could say, "Thanks Battletoads"

20. yerffej

I'd say Rash would be just fine, since he is the main one. Bill R. is still Bill when he has Lance's colors.