Request Battletoads Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

But that's just a change of clothing, technically Bill R. does switch the Lance's colors in the game, even though brief, when he get's a b powerup. With the battletoads they completely change characters.

2. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Or maybe "Thanks Battletoad Crew!"

Or would that be too confusing?

But yerffej's point is true. Although Please IS right on this. It's either "Battletoads" or "Battletoad Crew"

which one?

3. Please

That's too complicated. Battletoads will do, but I still think changing names could work better.

4. Captain Knight

Hm,

Do you think people would know who Zits and Pimples are?

I mean, sure people would know who Rash is because of the "Game Over" screen, but who would guess that Battletoads is 2 player and who the hell finished the game?!

And I know you're gonna bring this up, but I don't think a lot of people owned "Battletoads and Double Dragon" or whatever the full title is.

Battletoads will do.

5. Please

If I recall wasn't there an intro animation that had their names in it? Also, the "target audience" of SMBC is people that know the games and as such will probably know the names of the characters. Not to mention the popular AVGN video that has a joke based on the names.

6. Captain Knight

Why such Disgusting names? How about Herpes, Genital Warts, and Gonorreah?

I love it XD

Don't tell me you knew exactly who SOPHIA III was before SMBC came out. You see? And it's not like Mario changes when he got a power-up, he got bigger (kinda like Zits to Pimples) but he was still the same person. But of course, everyone knew there was more then one Battletoad, just didn't know the names.

7. Please

Actually, I did...

The difference is that Mario was made to get power ups like that, the Battletoads weren't.

8. Captain Knight

So you're telling me that when you're in the character select screen, the name is gonna change? Along with the top right while you're playing as them?

I mean, you'd have to do the same name for all those 3 things, except for SOPHIA but everyone knew someone was inside of him because of when he gets selected.

Let's say I'm Zits. I get a power-up. I turn into Pimples. The name at the top right changed to "Pimples" that would make no sense.

9. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Perhaps the best way to end this name debate is to use Rash only, with different shades of green. The NES color palette has atleast three shades of green, as you can see below:
    [​IMG]
    So, use different shades like Ryu and Bill do, and keep it simple with one battletoad.

10. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

what about the star

11. Captain Knight

We've been thinking that the Turbo Bike (or whatever it is) appears when you touch a star, therefore, making invincible. But there COULD be other ideas.

This is where you guys start suggesting

12. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

yeah the turbo bike would be much cooler than just diffferent colors

13. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Differently from Stage 3, you can crash anything and destroy it. Seems cool.

14. Captain Knight

Goombas flying off the screen, pipes getting crushed, awesome!

But what happens when they fall into pits?

15. Sophitroid

Sophitroid Level 1: Goomba

Hmm... Well , they die. :3

16. Captain Knight

No, the bikes, if they fall into the pits, what'll happen?

17. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Using just Rash is fine. Having him turn diffrent colors based on his teammates would work well.

18. Captain Knight

Hopefully it'll be noticable, because most of the time I can't tell from "Sophia no power up" and "Mushroom Sophia"

What'll be the special moves? The Battletoads have a lot of moves, which should we pick from?

19. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well I have an idea how the move list could go:
    First of all, attacks can be implemented by pressing attack and a directional button

Standard attacks:
    Attack button will be punch combo before finishing with straight punch
    Up and attack button will enable the football punt kick
    Down and attack will enable the double handed fist drop attack
    If a dashing system is used for them, then tapping forward twice then attack will enable the head butt

Mushroom Power will make the attacks stronger.....BUT if you get a Fire Flower:
    Straight punch finish becomes the KISS MY FIST
    Up attack becomes the BIG BAD BOOT
    Down attack becomes the NUCLEAR KNUCKLES
    Dash attack becomes the BATTERING RAM

Also, wouldn't it be fun if we had the ability to pick up enemies and TAKE OUT THE TRASH??? :D

That layout sounds pretty good to me. If any of you were wondering where I got the names for those attacks, only a true BattleToads fan will know!

20. Rockstar_Bob

Rockstar_Bob Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Personally, I'm a fan of the BATTLETOAD!!! GIIIGGGAAA!!! DURRRIIILLUUU!!! BUURREEEAAAAKKKAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

...oh, wait. That was only for the Arcade version. nevermind. :3