Official Bill Rizer: The Koopa Wars

Bill Rizer, from Contra, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

This thread is specifically for the in depth discussion of Bill Rizer in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. Feel free to post hints, tips, tricks, ideas, suggestions, impressions, etc.

Wiki Page: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/Bill_Rizer

Thanks to TheomanZero for the new title, "The Koopa Wars" - Nov. 4th 2013!!

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I was thinking of a way to add his other wrapons to the game. In the original they were items dropped by enemies. To keep the Mario power up mechanics, whatever weapons dropped depends if you have a mushroom or flower. Or Lance can have the weapons that Bill don't have.

3. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Actually I was thinking something else for Bill. What if Fireflower would give him a random weapon? What I mean is that Mushroom would give you the classic machine gun but the Fireflower would give you a random weapon. If you pick up a fireflower you may get spread, but you can also end up getting laser or the fireball gun. If you would pickup another Fireflower while in already fireflower form then you would get again a random weapon, you maybe get the same weapon what you already have but you could get one of the other two weapons.
    In my opinion it would be a fun, Bill would have a little more interesting gameplay and be less plain. It would also make Bill to have something unique.

4. Mitewing

That idea is much better than mine! That would work perfectly and make Bill more unique.

5. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

6. medicham 818

medicham 818 Level 2: Koopa

30 lives cheat up up down down left right left right b a start

7. wingfin

wingfin Level 1: Goomba

If Burns form Contra Force be added, that would be great. Lance is almost the same as Bill

8. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

You forgot Start. The Konami Code isn't complete without Start!!

9. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Dear Mr. Rizer,

Bowser hacked the main-frame and disabled the Konami Code, sorry.

Come save me and then we can all eat cake together, I baked it myself!

~Peach

Ps. please hurry or the cake will turn stale!

Popper likes this.
  10. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Start is only to start the game, it isn't part of the code.

11. wingfin

wingfin Level 1: Goomba

I have an idea that we can have the Super 魂斗羅 Ver. Bill
    If we have a weapon system for each character in the future, then Bill will have more kinds of gun to use. Some of them is different between Contra and Super Contra like F(sorry i don't know how to say in English)
    The BGM from Super Contra is also classics and we may have the ending staff music from Super Contra now.

choose Super 魂斗羅 Ver. Bill just need to highlight Bill and press START or something.

12. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Bill: Shit! Where did he learn to hack? And why is his castle SO far?! It takes for 2 or 3 days without sleeping any time to get him! I will never save you before the f*cking cake turn stale!

13. Mitewing

I just thought of a simple way to include Lance since currently Bill's fireflower color is the same. Why not simply change the color of the gun? This would easily show the player what powerup level they currently have.

14. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Not a bad idea, but it could be a littler harder to distinguish, especially if other weapons are included. Since Bill and Lance are functionally identical anyway, I think it would be easier to keep the pants changing color, sort of as a way of representing both characters while also showing different power-up levels at the same time.

15. birikin

birikin Level 0: Newbie

what the konami code ???

16. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

The Konami Code is a sequence of button presses, typically resulting in some cheat unlocked, for almost every Konami game (Does not work with Elebits) . Note that it must be input at the title screen to function. For Contra, if I recall correctly, the code grants 30 extra lives.
    The Konami Code is as follows:
    Up
    Up
    Down
    Down
    Left
    Right
    Left
    Right
    B
    A

17. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Did you know? You can actually shoot diagonally up or down without moving! All you have to do is to hold both LEFT and RIGHT and the direction you want to shoot. Bill will be doing a ...not-moving run. The direction you'll be facing depends on the last button you pressed (if last=right, he looks left), but you can unfortunately only shoot diagonally right.
    You can also shoot straight forward, and it depends on the direction you're facing. I'll do some screenshots.

EDIT: Here you go
    [​IMG]
    The bullets going straight show that he's not moving.
    [​IMG]
    What the f*ck?! Yeah, that's what happens. Same when you shoot down. He looks left but he shoots right, and is kinda... shitting. Yes.

If you've discovered this trick a long time ago (which is probably true), then downward thrust me.

18. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I am kinda late with replying to this I know but this post gave me an idea:
    Bill and Lance wear different colors in the arcade version of Super Contra; Green and Purple respectively. Why not use those colors to distinguish power-ups? If anything it will add just a little bit more to the nostalgia level of this already awesome game.

19. Mitewing

Cool. I hope Jay reads this. This would solve the Bill/Lance coloring problem perfectly. Green and purple could be their mushroom or fire flower colors.

20. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Bill's fire flower power should be The Laser. Then you won't suffer from having to keep tapping the attack button again once you pick up a Fire Flower.