Official Bill Rizer: The Koopa Wars

Bill Rizer, from Contra, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Then just use the spreader.

2. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

kinda hard to if your used to picking up items from boxes.
    maybe there should be a feature like megaman to switch between weapons?

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Kinda goes against the whole "accuracy" thing we got going.

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Laser is good you just need pro-l33t skill. Now as for the Rs ... Doesn't Bill have a rocket launcher or something?

5. TheomanZero

Seriously? It's too hard to not pick up items? Sorry, but you're just being lazy.

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. uglyrodent

I think he was driving more at the random nature (you cannot control WHEN the desired weapon would come out), but I broadly agree with your stance.

7. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

ehh... hes taken a few liberties with this game.
    and besides he doesnt HAVE to follow it all 100%(wheres the fun in that? lol)
    what id like to see with bill is every item he picks up is added to a selection like megaman/bass.
    and so select/special could be his weapon select.
    dont hate, but i dont like how lazar cant be rapid-fired. >_< doubt anyone does.
    EDIT:
    wow... nobody replies here? guess im the only one complainin.
    i just wish the lazar and flame thrower played more like their super c counterparts.
    but eh, its a minor gripe.
    BILL FUCKING RULES ANYWAY!
    now if youll excuse me:
    *puts on blue camo, rips off shirt*
    LETS ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY!!
    *guns down goombas in 1-2*

8. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

At the very beginning of Super C, the Contra guys came down a rope. I wonder why that sprite wasn't used for grabbing the flag.

9. TheomanZero

That sprite is actually just part of the running cycle. But it still might work.

10. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

In my opinion, every character should be as different from the others as possible. Then you have more reason to play as the different characters, because you might like different things about them.

11. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Now that we have skins that actually modify character behaviour to the point it is almost like having different characters, I would love to see Bill/Lance get their SNES Contra 3 machine gun. Yeah it is strong and powerful and fast, but it would be fun. :p

12. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

unfortunately it seems like the extent of skins are things like inputs, speed, jump height, etc. Actual different content doesn't seem likely

13. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

How is the SNES machine gun different from the NES one?

14. Nemephosis

You've never actually played the game, I see. You should, it's one of the best Contra games out there.

15. uglyrodent

What are the new Bill and Lance skins from? They're clearly 16-bit, but they are neither from nor based on the SNES game.

16. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

The machine gun in the SNES game, which is the default, is fully automatic, there's tons of bullets per second and as many bullets as you could shot in one screen.

Rey D likes this.
  17. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I take it they're BASED on the Contra 3. Like, resized versions that look good.

That may be too much, then. The skins are supposed to be close if not similar to the NES version.

18. uglyrodent

To elaborate, the new 16-bit Bill can clearly be seen with some yellow on his shirt, whereas Contra 3 Bill is wearing all blue.

The stance is the same I guess, but it's a different costume and it's not like the Contra 3 sprites even need to be resized.
    Bill SNES.png
    Bill.png
    As you can see, the SNES sprites are a LITTLE bit taller, but it's no more than the GB/SNES Samus skins.

Crownjo, Rey D and MissingNo2 like this.
  19. Nemephosis

I mean even if we had Bill's semi-auto Contra 3 machine gun but it took like, 10 bullets to kill a Goomba, it would just still be so awesome. :D

Also, I still insist you play Contra 3, Rey. Absolutely terrific game that really highlighted what the SNES was capable of.

20. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

That's Jimbo. Then again is it Bill in the Japanese version?