Official Bill Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I was thinking that Dutch from the Predator game would be a good skin, since Contra is partially inspired by the movie. Any thoughts for any other skins?

PH-209 likes this.
  2. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

I made Player from the MSX Port of Contra.
    [​IMG]
    It's still a bit of a WIP because the Sprite Sheet I found didn't quite have all the sprites. Heck even the powerups weren't included but I did recolor them for now. If yall find anymore rips of sprites from this Game send them to me ASAP because I will update this then. Thank you and stuff. Also the Icon in the Top Left is unused sprite,it MAY be changed.

3. Mitewing

Awesome job!

4. FCx

FCx Level 2: Koopa

I was thinking in doomguy from doom series, but he didn't have 8-bit or 16-bits sprites...

5. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

I made another Bill from the SEQUEL to Contra,Super C. A game not many people remember because the name "Super C" is misleading and dosen't sound too Contra like except for the C. Many people thought Contra Force was the sequel.....weeeeeeeeeeell no it isn't. Long story short,here's the skin.
    [​IMG]
    I had to do the Upward,Player Intro,and Pointing Gun Down Sprites because the Sheet I had didn't have em,anyways this is a skin I believe will make it in SMBC because this is a more alt. Bill and stuff,you get the idea,somebody get Ryuza or Jay to take a look here.

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

. . . Is there any difference besides the color of the pants?

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Super C Bill plays a bit diffrent.

roman6a likes this.
  8. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

The main difference being the overhead sections and the addition of ramps. Other than that, it's the same thing.

roman6a likes this.
  9. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I think the flamethrower is different. But gotta admit Super C's soundtrack is awesome.

10. TheomanZero

I meant in terms of the sprites, which are all that matter to a skin. I know about Super C and its weapons, but I don't think you'll be able to change those.

11. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

16-bit RD008.png
    Original sheet from tSR (no credit given on the sheet itself), only the standing sprite (top middle, slightly to the right) is done so far.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

diferent coloured pants. that's pretty much about it. (same for lance)

and i think they are a bit smaller than in the original contra (not the pants, the characters)

13. TheomanZero

Really? I thought they were just recolors.
    Smaller pants could be a skin.
    EDIT: Also, people should try to find or rip the sprites from the Game Boy Probotector (European version of Operation C).

14. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

What happens when Mario is told 7 times that his princess is in another castle?

He gets pissed.

Really pissed.

So pissed that he becomes...the Plumbinator.

[​IMG]

One look at the Mario 3 sprite sheet made me realize how awesome it would be for Mario to get fed up hopping on goombas and instead grab Bill's rifle to cause some serious carnage. I created this using a combination of the Bill and Mario 3 sprite sheets. It took me quite a while to sprite edit so hopefully you guys will like it. It seems highly appropriate for a crossover game!

Side-note: I realize this is outside the pixel bounds normally required for a skin, but I'm hoping that exceptions can be made!

Attached Files:

Meg, AGameReviewer, Omicron and 9 others like this.
  15. Mitewing

That's a terrific skin! It's brillant and hilarious! I guess Luigi would be his Lance. Lol

Frozsoul likes this.
  16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I am uncertain of how to put this in a skin. Can you help me here, Ryuza?
    16-bit RD008.png
    I had a go at it and found it so difficult that I gave up:
    16-bit RD008.png
    I'll have a go at that mugshot though.
    EDIT: Gave up before I started.

17. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Is it RD-008 or something so? O.o Because it looks like so, and it's already in the game...

DarkBowser100 likes this.
  18. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

While it kicks ass, the items should be changed to Mario powerups. My idea:
    Machine Gun = Mushroom
    Rapid = Blue Mushroom?
    Spread Gun = Super Leaf
    Laser = Recolored star
    Flamethrower = Fire Flower
    FalconPUNCH = Bob-omb.

K3V1N4000 and Frozsoul like this.
  19. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I seriously considered changing the power-up items as well before releasing, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate mushroom, fire flower and star into six power-up items (which you seem to have solved the same way I was thinking), and more importantly, I'm not sure how to make these icons recognizable within the flag power-up when they're shrunk to fit only the power-up letter section and have only red and black colors. But I'll certainly give it some more thought.

Side-note: I did change the color of the machine gun bullet from red to black, which seemed a nice way to distinguish from Bill.

20. TheomanZero

Okay, I originally thought this was just a recolor, but after carefully looking at the sheets side by side for a while, I think maybe Super C Bill actually is a little shorter. Which is good, since currently the top of Bill's head pokes out of a pipe when he enters it, so he could stand to be a little shorter. This could actually replace his current NES sprites.