Official Bill Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Currently, there isn't a way I know of that would allow skins to have two distinct and separate weapons like this, unless they were made separate characters.

Doomtodeath likes this.
  2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

One change that isn't constantly present on the character does not mean it's worthy of a new character.

Luigi always has slippery shoes and Bass always has the double jump and dash.
    Lance has no defining trait comparable to Bill in this regard.

3. Doomtodeath

Doomtodeath Level 2: Koopa

It is a rather silly idea to make a character just for a weapon. :p

4. Mitewing

Luigi didn't always have slippery shoes. Not in SMB1. Bass doesn't always have the double jump. It's only in MM&B. It's not in MM10. Both Bill and Lance have exactly the same abilities in Contra and Super C. It's just that said abilities change between the two games. So in order to have both types of Flame Guns, they would have to be separated between the two characters.

5. MissingNo2

Literally NONE of this had ANYTHING to do with what I said. Luigi and Bass have different abilities from Mario and Mega Man IN GENERAL. Bill and Lance do not share this fact.

6. Mitewing

Actually, it did, per how you stated your argument. In general, Luigi and Bass have different abilities, but not always. You're right about Bill and Lance sharing abilities in each game, as stated before those change from game to game, and I'd like to see the two NES games fully represented.

7. MissingNo2

Except the two always had the same abilities. No matter what. And even if you did have a point, that would only change ONE gun. An OPTIONAL gun. If Lance had a different version of EVERY gun, then I wouldn't mind this idea. But as it stands, I cannot see this as reasonable and instead kind of character-greedy.

8. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

They've been done already: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/bill-skins.14210/page-4#post-184675
    Surprisingly, their portraits don't suck.

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Mitewing

Awesome. I think their portraits could be better though. They should be based on their Contra 4 appearances. Mad Dog's bandana covers the top of his head and Scorpion has a different hairstyle. I think I need to search every thread and put every skin not found on the Wiki on there!

TheomanZero likes this.
  10. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think there's a miscommunication here. Missingno isn't talking about their abilities in their source games. He's saying that in SMBC, Luigi and Bass' differences are part of their inherent abilities and are present all of the time. However, Bill has four different weapons, and the Flame gun is only one of them. Luigi and Bass are always different in SMBC, but Bill and Lance would be identical three quarters of the time.

Personally I just think their Super C skins should have the Super C Flame gun, but I'd understand if that's impossible.

Mitewing and MissingNo2 like this.
  11. Mitewing

I completely understand MissingNo2's point of view. And I would be fine if the Super C skins could have it, but I don't think it's currently possible.

12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

i think mizino's point is that there are games in which luigi/bass have different abilities from mario/megaman, and that there is no game where bill and lance have different abilities

13. Mitewing

I know that's his point, but I just think that's good enough of a reason. Also, there are games like Contra: Hard Corps, where each of the playable characters do have different abilities.

14. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Yea but he's saying EVERY GAME Luigi and Bass star in automatically are different from Mario and Mega Man
    This however, isn't true. ...for Luigi at least...
    Hard Corps was a Genesis game, end of story.
    Bill and Lance do not appear in said game, end of story.
    Kinda dumb they used portraits from that game even though Bill and Lance look nothing like their portraits. The old portraits fit them more, honestly.

Faruga likes this.
  15. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

That's awesome. It's nice to see a good female skin for Bill. I'd say that looks ready to add to the Wiki; crossing fingers it makes it into a future update.

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Mitewing

Completely agree. So was Sheena resized or completely customized? If resized, why can't we have resized versions of Bill/Lance/Probotectors from Contra 3/Super Probotector. Speaking of Contra 3, there's a GB version too, complete with Probotector alternates.

17. Doomtodeath

Game Boy Contra 3... no idea how they thought that was a good idea but hey, just color Bill and he would fit for a skin ;)

She was smudged.
    No matter how I resize it, it looks... horrible. You can easily tell its her, but gosh. Do you know of any other method to (properly) resize?

18. Mitewing

http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy/contrathealienwars/sheet/55668/

There are enough differences in these sprites compared to Operation C to have them included as I show in the link above.

I'm still learning how to create skins properly so I'm unfamiliar with resizing sprites. @Clippit made a Brad Fang skin, so he would be the one to ask.

19. Doomtodeath

I made a concept for colored Game Boy Bill Rizer. Sorry to beat anyone to it, but here it is.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I used NES Bill for the Palette. I wanted to stay faithful to the NES theme of SMBC.
    If anyone thinks it is good enough I will color all of his necessary frames. I'm hoping someone else will make the SMBC sheet, but if nobody does I will.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  20. Mitewing

Looks good. A GBC pallete may work too. Sadly, not many people are making skins nowadays, so you're probably on your own with this one.