Request Blocks should break in one hit from any weapon

Discussion in 'Features' started by TheomanZero, Feb 13, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I've noticed that some weapons (mainly Bill's, at least on Normal) take more than one hit to break a block. This doesn't make sense to me. Blocks shouldn't have "HP", and it shouldn't matter how powerful your weapon is when it comes to blocks -- you attack it, it breaks.

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

I'd like to go ahead and second this. They ARE just bricks after all.

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Bricks don't break in one hit when you attac it. There's no wrong here. It's like saying all blocks should destroy in one hit in Minecraft.

4. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I actually don't mind that bricks can sometimes take more than one hit to destroy. I find it gives further satisfaction in using more powerful weapons, though I certainly wouldn't complain if a "destroy all bricks with one hit" cheat was added (similar requests were previously made on the Wiki)

Related to the above request, I had previously posted in the Wiki that it would be really cool if bricks that were hit (but not destroyed) made a unique sound effect and had a unique graphic (though that might be too much work to incorporate with all of the new skins now)

uglyrodent likes this.
  5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Play Easy for easy breaks.

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Um, Super Mario Bros is very different from Minecraft. In Minecraft, destroying blocks, and acquiring new tools that allow you to destroy blocks more efficiently, is one of the major points of the game. In SMB, they're only an incidental element of the game, and it's easy to go through the whole thing without ever destroying a single block.

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know if it will sway anybody's opinion, but I always saw them as well...a square made of bricks. Just like any collection of bricks, it's gonna take some strong shit to break it. I guess the definition of "strong" is a bit different in this context (human skulls usually can't do the job) but I think it's realistic that the weaker attacks would only weaken and ULTIMATELY destroy the bricks. Having a bunch of what is, by definition, a material hard enough to be used for buildings fly apart at any collision wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

But that's just my opinion, not really a reason it shouldn't change :p

Rey D, aliceandsven and sbq92 like this.
  8. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I really don't think a cheat to allows bricks to be broken in a single hit is even worthy of being a cheat. The bricks only take 2-3 shots with most characters anyway. Why implement a whole cheat just to bring that down by 1-2 shots? Wanting to break bricks with a single shot seems more like a personal preference than a necessary feature in the game. I know sometimes it would be convenient to break the bricks in one shot, but since that's not how the game works, I'm willing to live with it and just shoot the bricks as many times as necessary to destroy them (or just ignore the bricks).

uglyrodent likes this.