Request Bomberman Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mitewing, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Powerstars

Powerstars Level 3: Paratroopa

Okay, then I guess I do mean the 3D games.

2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It was not 3D. I wasn't trying to hinder your point in any way. I was just invaded with a wave of nostalgia and exploded with awesome while recalling that game from the depths of my childhood memory.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Bomb kick would be good, but I'm not sure about Bomb Punch . . . that wasn't added until a while into the SNES era, when they had lots of buttons burning a hole in their controllers.

4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

My favorite Bomberman game is Party Edition for PS1. It had the kick in it too. Wasn't sure when it debuted.

5. TheomanZero

According to my research, Bomb Kick first appeared in Bomberman '93 for the TG-16. We might still be able to get away with putting it in SMBC, though.

6. Mitewing

I actually believe one of the new characters is either Bomberman or Solid Snake.

The powerups he would need include:
    Bomb-up
    Fire-up
    Skate
    Heart
    Detonator
    Kick
    Vest

EDIT: There are many others, but these are the essentials.

7. TheomanZero

I think just those are enough for this game. "Heart" would just be the Mushroom, though. Oh, and by "Vest" do you mean temporary invincibility (already covered by the star) or permanently protects him from his own explosions (very useful item, and was in one of his NES games)?

8. Mitewing

The mushroom would be the heart and maybe a bombup and/or fireup. The vest would protect him from explosions. Not sure if it was NES game or not.

9. TheomanZero

Something has occurred to me . . . assuming we set a maximum on the number of hearts and flames he can get (otherwise things would get really ridiculous), what would come out of his power-up boxes when he has everything? Most characters just get ammo or their other sub-weapons (beams, in Samus' case), but Bomberman has neither weapons with limited ammo nor mutually exclusive power-ups!
    Well . . . unless we make Bomb Walk and Bomb Kick mutually exclusive. Actually, we probably should. They usually are.

10. Mitewing

You have a very good point. There are numerous items that can be added, including items that have negative effects on Bomberman. The bomb, flame, and skate should have a limit, like maybe 5 each he can carry.

Here is a list of items from the original Bomberman on NES.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Bomberman/How_to_play

11. TheomanZero

Er, maybe we should stick to just one on the skate. I thought it didn't stack until later games.

12. Mitewing

Not sure when it began to stack, but one is fine as long it makes him walk fast enough to matter.

13. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

If we start including GB characters Bomberman and Wario would fit nicely since they are 8-bit.

Mitewing likes this.
  14. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

As a link skin, has only the platform Bombs and the down kick

15. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

Ah... so many characters that need love, but neer will. Ah, well.

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Mitewing

Hopefully Jay will release the source code one day.

CowboyJoseph64 likes this.
  17. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

yeah. That'd be nice.