Request Bowsers army (char request)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by smashbro596, Oct 3, 2012.

1. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

Ok, So I read a request for a bowser enemy. that makes me think: why not have most enemies in one playable character? let me explain:
    you start out as a goomba. grab a mushroom= extra hit. now, with that said: hit a ? block again and a miniature version of an enemy pops out, grab it, and your now that enemy! but wait! if you wish to switch between enemies, press select!
    enemy list and attacks(all have the ability to jump):
    goomba: jump only
    koopa troopa: duck into shell to smash enenemies and blocks, however, can hit hard surface and get bounced backwards; also hard to control.
    Lakitu: can hover over the level, throwing spiny eggs ( b = regular spiny egg, special = bouncy spiny egg)
    Hammer bro: throw hammers, special summons another to help you throw two hammers at once.
    and finally, the king of all koopas, bowser! (b = fireball, slow moving but powerful, and can also throw several hammers with special button)
    the music would be the regular theme music (also has snes, nes, smb3 , and all night nippon smb skins)
    the story can be that they all rebel against bowsers army! XDDD
    so what do you guys think?

2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

This can be fun if done right, but extremely unlikely. Also i wouldn't add Lakitu to the party because he's pretty OP for beating a level.

uglyrodent and French rocks like this.
  3. smashbro596

awww.... ok... i really liked the thought of playing as a lakitu. XD

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I have to agree that this would need serious balancing and thought before it's ready to be implemented, but I really like the idea.

My suggestions:
    Maybe the enemies could be treated like subweapons for Ryu or Simon and you can only play the last one you picked up, no switching. This would mainly be to balance it if it's too powerful, which I'm not quite sure it is. Alternately, each one's special moves (hammers, spinies, etc.) should cost ammo. You should also be able to get upgrades for certain enemies that stay with you regardless.
    Love it. It should have a red shell upgrade so your slide attack turns you around if you run into an edge instead of flying off it. Maybe he could also be prevented from jumping until you get a wing upgrade.
    Yeah, this is WAY too powerful. Maybe he can only hover within a certain height? Or he can't hover but ha a really high jump? The summoning spinies would be really neat though, especially if it's his only method of attack.
    The second hammer bro also seems just a teensy bit broken. How about the one you summon can't travel with you? He has to follow the same AI as a normal hammer bro (i.e. limited range)?
    There've been PLENTY of Bowser requests, so I'm sure we could patch them all together to get a really solid idea of how to make this work.

There should also be an upgrade to give you an aquatic form (Cheep Cheep) and then upgrade it to a bloober.

These are just my thoughts though.

Omicron likes this.
  5. smashbro596

ok. no second hammer bro... but wait.... hammer bros dont use ammo. and all your thoughts have been usefull. maybe lakitu's spinies shouldnt break blocks... except power up blocks..and maybe lakitu could have a hover meter like with sophia mk III. (in fact the winged upgrade for koopas and goombas should have a hover meter) moreover, if koopas can't jump, they can't reach the item blocks anyway....

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. uglyrodent

True; koops should be able to jump. A hover meter makes sense.

As for lakitu, here's my idea: he normally hovers two blocks high (so goombas can walk right under him). He can throw down spinies that damage enemies upon contact, but also once they hit something they also die. He can also get a hover meter.

7. smashbro596

excellent idea. and thats what i was thinking with a lakitu. also, bouncing spiny eggs shouldnt break on hit BUT should cost ammo.

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I think the Lakitu would work better as a supporting character rather than playable.

9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Or as a final smash.owaitthisisn'tssbbccrap

Omicron likes this.
  10. uglyrodent

Sorry but why exactly did you post this in two separate threads? It's not related to either.

11. twinAgkistrodon

twinAgkistrodon Level 5: Spiny

Post farming or trolling.
    Hopefully if we ignore it it will go away.
    Take your pick.
    Anyway, this is an interesting idea, not sure if it would really fit with the feel of SMBC.

12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Why ignore it when we can report it as spam?

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. twinAgkistrodon

twinAgkistrodon Level 5: Spiny

I did that.
    But I don't think spam will get you a ban.
    If you say "This is annoying", or "Imma report this",
    trolls like reactions.
    And they will keep doing stuff until people stop reacting or they get banned.
    It will take quite a bit of spam to get a ban, so ignoring is a faster way to be rid of trolls.

14. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Let's listen to alice's post and get on topic from now. Forget about that guy and whatever he said.

15. statoshi

statoshi Level 2: Koopa

this would make a good run game like exploding rabbit could make BOWSER RUN you start as goomba run from mario and luigi collect coins to unlock new levels and playable characters but you start with normal levels and water levels also cheep cheep and goomba