Brictionary!

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by aliceandsven, Jan 6, 2013.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

So I thought I'd bring some excitement to this sub-forum with an interesting challenge for once. It combines creativity with speed-running to create a whole new game out of SMBC.

It's called BRICTIONARY!

How do we play Brictionary?

( D i c t a t o r ) - Design challenges that will be played in Speedster. You may also post your creations here just to show, without them being Dictations. Please specify this in your post.

On stage 4-2, come up with words that can be "carved" out of the 4-layer tall bricks on the top and bottom of the beginning of the level. Use only these bricks (for the sake of time in Speedster)! Every letter must be seperated by at least a one-tile wide space, they must also be seperated from any surrounding blocks that aren't part of a letter. And the letters obviously must be creatable (so the bottom row will be limited in some ways due to the unbreakable floor). Show a picture or video of your words! Who can come up with the longest word or phrase? I have made two words (LUCKY, FUCK) to get started, seen in the following example videos;​

( S p e e d s t e r ) - Complete words as fast as you can!

On stage 4-2, complete the words and phrases defined in Dictator as fast as you can. Each word or phrase's fastest times will be recorded separately. Here are the rules;​

1) You must submit a video of your run so your time can be judged and recorded officially (regular time, not game ticks)​
    2) Your time starts as soon as your character starts dropping into the level​
    3) Your time ends at the moment when all of the letters have been finished AND they are clear of all non-letter bricks have been cleared from them by at least one tile-wide space; put simply, upon breaking the last brick.​
    4) You don't have to break every non-letter brick​
    5) Hidden coin blocks can be used as part of a letter​
    6) Players are free to use any character, items, classic character cheats and Level Select; feel free to prepare your run with a save-file made beforehand​
    7) Only two other cheats are allowed: Infinite Time & Infinite Ammo​
    8) Normal Difficulty​
    9) Please mention whether or not you want your submission to be listed officially, or if you're just experimenting​

( R e w a r d s ) - The two official words LUCKY and FUCK will feature a special reward for their fastest times! Details will be revealed at a later date. More words and phrases will likely be included in the future!

( R e c o r d s ) - This is a complete listing of the fastest times for each word and phrase

WordFound byFastest TimeSecond FastestThird Fastest
    LUCkYaliceandsven00:00 by ???00:00 by ???00:00 by ???
    FUCkaliceandsven01:15 by Rey D00:00 by ???00:00 by ???
    LiVe LOVeZeroXBeoulve00:00 by ???00:00 by ???00:00 by ???
    LONKaliceandsven00:00 by ???00:00 by ???00:00 by ???
    MITSYmitsymckenzie77700:00 by ???00:00 by ???00:00 by ???

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

GAAAH FINALLY MADE IT!!

aliceandsven and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  3. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Word combinations are so much more classy. ;)

[​IMG]

狂人さん and aliceandsven like this.
  4. Rey D

Patron

I have some DICTATOR too!

And I don't have any video editor so it's normal speed and normal audio!
    Although I could have added another music with the youtube editor, but whatever.

狂人さん and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  5. aliceandsven

added 9th rule:

Please mention whether or not you want your submission to be listed officially, or if you're just experimenting

just so I don't have to go through the process of adding a new record + quick reference if someone was just experimenting or foolin' around or something else. You may also post your creations here just to show, without them being Dictations

Rey D likes this.
  6. Alias X Beoulve

Here are the other ones I've made so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aliceandsven and 狂人さん like this.
  7. Rey D

Patron

Alright. Don't count the "yup!" because that P would need some wall-phasing for a better shape.

8. aliceandsven

Here is a dictation using an advanced technique

LONK

Omicron and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  9. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

You guys are crazy. This is awesome though. Good job!

10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Enjoy I love you all.

By the way feel free to use my name for a word.

ZeroXBeoulve and aliceandsven like this.
  11. Alias X Beoulve

Brictionary valentines!

[​IMG]

aliceandsven likes this.
  12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

...how do you do this again?

13. aliceandsven

Using a wall phasing glitch with Link combined with the Arrows to precisely create spaces within enclosed bricks. You jump into the corner of a ceiling with at least a 2-tile layer above you at the correct angle and you will slide into it.

I've noticed that sometimes it works frequently, sometimes it works infrequently, and sometimes it doesn't work at all. You can also control which direction you slide in no matter which direction you jump into a corner from, by quickly pushing the opposite direction as you collide with the wall. Being inside blocks causing your character to be pushed backwards.

uglyrodent and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  14. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

upload_2015-1-12_20-58-6.png
    I've been wanting to post on this thread for a LONG time. And that's the only way you can possibly make a "6", so... yay I don't have to use a glitch to spell my initials! :p

also I'd love it if this was listed on the OP.

狂人さん, Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  15. Rey D

Patron

Really? I'd need to hit up Alice about that.

CowboyJoseph64 and Faruga like this.