Bros 2 or Lost Levels?

Discussion in 'Game' started by ERROR404, Sep 18, 2010.

1. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Which would you prefer if a SMBC sequel is made? Bros 2 or the Lost Levels (aka Japanese Bros 2)

2. nicpen

nicpen Level 5: Spiny

Lost Levels. It would definitely take less time to be released, at least.

3. Rakashi J

Rakashi J Level 2: Koopa

Bros 2 or both. It doesnt matter if there both the same game, as long as its made! ;)

4. ERROR404

Same. Or you could completely give them a miss and go on with Bros 3. :D

5. Rakashi J

yeah. lol. :D

6. Verde

Verde Level 2: Koopa

OR jay could actually work on the original SMBC and not make swiftly declining reproductions of it.

7. JinnTolser

JinnTolser Level 2: Koopa

Naturally, this is the best option. But there are only so many characters to add, so at some point more stages might be a good addition.

As much as I hate to say it, The Lost Levels makes more sense to be made (or rather, added to the existing game) than SMB2. I did not like The Lost Levels when I played them on Super Mario All Stars for my SNES, but maybe with the other characters available in SMBC they would be fun. However, because TLL has a much more similar style to SMB1 than 2 does, it would make more sense for The Lost Levels to be made into a Crossover game instead.

8. ERROR404

I'm not making suggestions, I'm just asking a question as to what would be preferred.

9. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I'd say Super Mario Bros 2 USA mainly because Peach would probably still be an initial character. Or so I'd hope being she is in the original SMB2USA. Then again Luigi still isn't in SMBC so I don't know.

10. SovereignII

SovereignII Level 3: Paratroopa

I think if the lost levels makes the cut it would make sense to add these levels to the current game end or as a second mode of play or have an option called Lost Levels on/off.
    But as for Mario Bros 2 That would be a miss.

11. Rakashi J

Uh no I wouldnt say that, again I would say any but I would rather play a SMBC 2 than SMBC Lost Levels. Or a SMBC 3. :) lol.

12. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

That video link has a couple things wrong with it. SMB2LL was deemed too hard for Americans I'm not joking. SMB2USA was actually easier. Unless you play the All Stars version were you continue at 8-4 if you die there.

I've played the virtual console version and if you die on 8-4 you start at 8-1 same effect in any other world #-1. So SMB2LL would be a nightmare unless it's like the All Stars version. Even though it's cool that world 9 was secretly placed in between 8-4 and A-1 in either version if you don't warp.

But in the end if you want a fun game to play with other characters I'd say go for SMB2USA if not even though SMB2LL was fun I'd hate to see poor Mega Man get downward thrust into a hole by Rush Coil all the time in some of the harder levels.

13. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Any other Mario game could easily be tacked on as an "expansion pack" to the game. Heck, once Level Builder is out, we could put them in ourselves. I think we just need a little patience.

14. ERROR404

Good point.

15. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Super Mario Bros 2 USA? Is this some joke? That game could hardly became a crossover! VERY VERY VERY HARDLY!! Do you forget what is that game about? You run around PULL OUT VEGETABLES and OTHER ITEMS YOU NEED in order to pass and kill enemies and bosses. Only Mario characters could do such thing (mainly due to no video game character has pulling sprite) and without that you could not even beat the game but even if you could it would be disgusttingly easy. I mean the bosses in the game always to pick up the vegetable or bomb and somehow get close enough to be able to throw it at the enemy. Imagine Bill or Mega Man would just happily stay in a safe spot and shoot the boss down easily. In my opinion is the idea for Super Mario Bros 2 is impossible to work.

And anyways whats so thingy about that Lost Levels is hard? Why would that be bad? WHy would it eb bad that you would not be able to finish something in an hour? A challenge is always great! It makes a game playable for a longer time! And just like anything else it simply just needs practice.

16. ERROR404

Well, I could be programmed to have ranged attacks weakened signifigantly, making Bill, Megaman, Samus, Simon's axes and Ryu's shuriken a lot less useful, making melee attacks and picked up projectiles stronger. It would also be possible to make bosses immune to bullets or force the player into playing as mario when the room changes to the boss section. Another possibility is that instead of attacking, standing above an item will activate it, allowing you to use door potions, POW blocks, etc, without picking them up. They are at an advantage anyway: They have weapons and therefore not need to pick up turnips.

17. Manser

Manser Level 0: Newbie

:cool::cool::cool:LOST LEVELS!!!!

18. Squaff

Squaff Level 5: Spiny

The idea isn't impossible at all. You can make character attacks effective against enemies and obstacles. Bill and most characters can already stay in a safe spot and kill bowser. I think Super Mario Bros 2(Lost levels is not 2, not for me and it never will be :D) Would actually be harder than the first in terms of difficulty and add a whole new set of challenges for each character to meet.

19. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Ok I maybe was a tiny bit too much with saying impossible. only...

[​IMG]
    It doesn't make a bit of difference guys!

The game is just not really good crossover material in my opinion, too much problems with it.

20. insaneninja

insaneninja Level 6: Lakitu

i think jay should keep adding on to this game like when you beat 8-4 you go on 1-1 of the next game or he could change it to 9-1

also what if jay made super mario 64 crossover (It would be on a emulater) not all the charecters would work but it would be fun all the same