Bug Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAM

IAM Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Define double post exactly

2. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Double posting is posting twice in a row without waiting for someone else to respond first. Once you post you have to wait for someone else to post before you an again.

Rey D likes this.
  3. IAM

Ok.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I guess it wasn't obvious enough.

Anyway, I hope you understood the point of that rule. And it's the most important because in most threads you will be blamed if you post multiples times in a row.

Anyway, back on topic, there is that bug that alice knows well.
    Using the wall climbing ability, slide Sophia in a little thin gap, then press jump multiple times so you hover and, as the hover makes you go horizontally, you end up in the ground. Good times.

5. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

:s:
    Also, if you need to add something, but no one else posted after you, use the "Edit" button.

6. IAM

I understand what double posting is now. Thanks.

7. StepS

StepS Level 3: Paratroopa

some glitches I found :D

Afterdeath. :D

turn on the evil hammer bros and all hammer bros cheats. Also, infinite hover and bouncy pits (to prevent Hammer Bro from dying). Turn off water mode and invincibility!
    Then begin some level that contains many enemies with sophia (levels of 8th world are good for this. I did it on something like 8-1 or 8-2). Don't get a mushroom/flower power (if you wanna see how you die in the end :D) Start hovering, and don't stop (don't release Z button). Hammer bros will follow your X coordinate. Go right slowly, because as you may know, the objects move only when they are visible on the screen. Let all the Hammer Bro's pass. Collect them more and more 'till the finish, carefully, slowly. You will also see how they 'stomp' themselves in ground, and other glitches :D Then, where you are on the finish position and can't go any further, release the Z button. You will be falling. This will take a while, be patient :D. When sophia is falling, hold the right button for 1-2 seconds, then release and don't press anything anymore. Once sophia stops falling and reaches the finish line, the hammer bros will disappear, but not everyone! :D If you didn't miss a hammer bro or if the level contains many enemies, then 2-3 hammer bros will remain after finishing! And feel the death when one of them kills you (it's after you have finished!). Reminded me of syobon-action somehow, where you could die after finishing :D
    I didn't make the video because I sucked in this last time (since the game can't be ran on fullscreen, and I had lots of fails capturing a zone on the screen without losing sound -- I will appreciate any help ;) )

8-4 last room bridge underwalk

Bouncy Pits must be enabled. use Samus to reach the end of 8-4. Do you see the slide above the lava? Good. Wait until it's close to the wall, and jump to the lava between the slide and the wall. When the slide moves closer to the wall, you will be clamped, and then the game will move you through the wall into the pool under the bowser's bridge. You are able to kill Bowser, but not able to go out. :D

Sophia and 1-block-sized pits

Bouncy Pits must be enabled. Use sophia to go down into a 1-block-sized pit (smallest one). Get to the bottom. Then sophia will be clamped and will float under the ground until it meets a pit of at least "2 blocks" in size. Interesting is that it moves to the opposite side, i.e. you press Right and it floats to left, you press Left and it floats to right. It's also possible to finish in that way (only in level 8-1, which has such pits near the finish). Once you cross the finish line while being underground, sophia will jump very high, and the flag on the pole will go down by itself. Funny :D

8. Rey D

Patron

→ Good, I'm going to try out! The third glitch has already been discovered by our almighty aliceandsven. You might ask him to make videos of the glitches, as he's skilled and his videos are good quality. :)

9. StepS

oh, thanks for the tip. :)

10. Rey D

Patron

sbb-stepsglitches01.png
    sbb-stepsglitches02.png
    sbb-stepsglitches03.png

11. StepS

Good job reproducing the glitches:awesome:
    Yeah, when there are too many hammer bros on the level, they behave weird. Also hm, it looks like you did it with Invincibility or mushroom :D cuz the flag is there and you didn't die.
    And I think the platform in 8-4 is moving too close to the wall (also notable that it wasn't present in SMB), enough to be clamped and to float in the wall (btw, try it with another characters :D it may work as well).

PS: I found another glitch, but you possibly know it already - Classic Simon vs. Bouncy Pits (no horizontal speed)

12. Rey D

Patron

→ It was only about patience, nothing special. :p
    → Actually, not at all. I was casual Sophia. I was only lucky enough not to get it. x)
    → Yes, it exists only to allows some characters to reach the final Bowser.
    → I will, when I'll feel so. :)
    → Not really a glitch, because Simon does not have any horizontal movement when falling from a platform (plus you can escape by using your 2nd jump wisely). But he does have some horizontal movement when jumping, which is why "classic Simon" is more awkward to play with when "bouncy pits" are enabled.

13. IAM

Sometimesfinding glitches is fun (example: finding you could shoot bullets out of Bill's ass) and then they can get fixed so you have to find new wierd glitches to replace your joy from the fixed glitches.

14. Rey D

Patron

→ I like finding and performing glitches most of the time. Like James Rolfe said we players "like playing outside the rules". :) Too bad Jay is going to destroy all glitches, as he's "THE BEST!". :p

15. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There must always be a Glitch King...!

16. IAM

the bullets from Bill's ass! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON"T FIX THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

after about a week every time i try to load a saved game it say my saved game was from an older version even though it is not

18. Rey D

Patron

→ I bet it is. Can you copy-past the save code here? Like....
    [CODE]save code[/CODE]

19. IAM

never heard of it do that before...

20. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

How come when you click on "Cheat Notify" or whatever that is called, it doesn't make a sound effect, even if SFX is on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.