Confirmed Bugs with Deselecting Characters

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Frozsoul, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

When playing in Survival mode, the game accidentally allows you to deselect characters you've already chosen for your team, including the character you're currently playing as. In the example below, I started a new Survival game choosing Mario, Luigi and Link. After starting the game as Link, I deselected all characters from the in-game pause menu:

1-Deselect all.PNG

After dying as Link, I was taken back to the character select screen, with no characters available to select:

2-No characters.PNG

After choosing "Random", the game played Link's theme (as if Link was chosen) but there was no visible sprite and the game was completely frozen:

3-Frozen.png

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. Frozsoul

Another related bug: If you lose all characters playing Survival mode, then try to deselect characters or character skins from the title menu, all slots are blank and you cannot deselect anything:

Blank.PNG

ThomasMink, Alkerion and Mitewing like this.
  3. Frozsoul

One more related bug: If you choose "Single Character" mode and deselect your chosen character from the in-game pause menu, the game will keep selecting your chosen character after you die. Although this is probably correct behaviour, it's still a source of confusion. This can be resolved one of two ways:
    1. If you die in Single Character mode and are about to start a new life as a character you deselected, you switch to an available character instead
    2. The game disallows you from deselecting the character you already chose for Single Character mode

Rey D, ThomasMink and Alkerion like this.
  4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

You're awesome at finding bugs. Thanks for being so detailed.

ThomasMink, Mitewing, Develon and 3 others like this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The fourth screenshot happened to me too.