Not a Bug Can't come back

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Xman321, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Xman321

Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

If you have the classic screen scroll cheat on, and your bass in world 8-4. use the dubble jump to go up on the top, then go to the right, all the way. there's a dead end, you can't get out, the only way to get out is let the time run out or quit the game

well, this may not be a bug, but it seems like one. One way to fix this is add a second set of the bricks so bass can't get on the top

2. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

Easy fix: Turn the cheat off.
    /thread

roman6a likes this.
  3. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

this happened in the original smb if you did a trick to get out of the water with mario

and im sure it was intended to be a death trap with that cheat on, you can get up there with almost everyone. (to my knowledge megaman [rush coil], sophia [wall climbing], samus [bomb jumping], simon [double jump] and ryu [wall climbing] can get up there)

and no, im not sure if it can be qualified as a bug, but it sure is not cool to be trapped up there with any of the characters, and this happens too if you go to bowsers room on most of the castles from the top of the screen which can be done by sophia.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Well, yeah, you turned on a cheat to make it so it can't go back. How is that a bug? You trapping yourself is not a bug, it's bad play.

roman6a likes this.
  5. Xman321

ok guys, I'm new, pleese take it easy on me. but thanks for telling me to turn of the cheat, I wasen't thinking

oh sorry, forgot this too, and I didn't know you could do it with any charater

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

It's alright, but when you post there should be an edit button below your post; when you have something else to say, but nobody responded after you, just hit "Edit" and add what you want to say to your older post. It keeps everything neat and tidy :D

huang17 and roman6a like this.
  7. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I agree that this isn't a bug, but I also think it is an unintended consequence of the cheat. I know that Classic Screen Scrolling has to be manually turned on, and I understand the argument to just turn off the cheat, but classic screen scrolling is how the original SMB plays, so I don't think having to interrupt gameplay to turn off the option is the best solution to this problem. I think an elegant solution is that the cheat is slightly tweaked so that if you're on top of the ceiling at the end of a castle level, it allows you to turn back to just before the section with Bowser (hopefully this isn't too difficult to program, as the game already recognizes the Bowser section via the change in music)

8. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I agree. I think the best solution is to not knowingly put yourself in a position where you have to choose between death or a minor inconvenience :p

Rey D likes this.
  9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ We mostly take it easy with newcomers, you know. But you should look at posts twice when you feel they're being mean, because we like joking around. Like...
    "Cheating is for losers!" is not meant to hurt you. It's a joke. :)

Back on topic:
    uglrodent said it. And JoMamma too. And roman6a too.

huang17 and uglyrodent like this.
  10. Xman321

I never said you guys were being mean, just stop telling me the same thing over and over again, I'm a kid:).

who likes Bass, REALY LIKES BASS. :bassshootR:|b||a||s||s|

sorry... I just never can realy play as this guy, then boom, he's in my favroite computer game. :awesome: