Captain N

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Synthccp, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Synthccp

Synthccp Level 1: Goomba

I came through this http://www.listentome.net/games89.php

I think Gargoyles quest firebrand , captain n and kid icarus would be great for the game maybe even motherbrains lackeys king hippo and eggplantwizzard would be fun for the game :)

put in a map and captain n style warpzones allover the place and you would have 8-bit videogame land with donkey kong , final fantasy , zelda , kid icarus megaman and metroid like ...

that would make the game awesome.

2. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

3. Synthccp

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Moving this to the Character sub-forum.

I'm going to go try out Captain N and Giana Sisters right now, thanks for bringing these up!

EDIT: Where on earth do you find Captain N

5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Was Captain N a real game that was canceled before completed? If so I'd love to see more screenshots or sprites. I can't find anything about it anywhere on the internet which makes me think it's fake.

6. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

7. Mitewing

Cool sprites. Especially love the Mega Man ones. All the game needs is Pit to complete the complete the Captain N team!

8. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

It makes me angry. Not even I can find a most tiny info about the game. But not that is what makes me so angry. From what I have read about the game from the link given it is a nice concept for game(just admit it) and if it would have been released(if the game's existence is really real that is) then it very easily could had been a giant classic too. So unfair and I just wish I could try it out.

On SMBC topic, you know it could even fit into SMBC so very easily. Not to mention if it would have the said abilities it would be quite original and fun character too. *sigh* Life is cruel sometimes.

9. aliceandsven

All I can find about Captain N is some cartoon.

10. Mitewing

The game would've been based on the cartoon. I remembered it quite well being an 80s kid. Hopefully one of the more talented artists here can make some sprites based on the screenshot in the link.

Since it's not found anywhere else leads me to think it's not really a canceled/unreleased game.

11. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

SOME cartoon??? You mean you never heard of it at some point? I thought everyone at least knew of Captain N the cartoon. Brings back memories of my younger days....

12. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, he is FROM that cartoon. It is his origin.

13. Synthccp

i think the guy at listentome should be asked for his captain N sprites admit it folks his nes controller pause button would freeze the enemies but will consume battery , and the SMB COINS that are everywhere should get drained and the zapper would be like the contra lazer weapon except more responsive and shoot in more directions :D
    And the music should be some 80s sounding remixes of nestunes found on ocremix cause he is from the real world!!
    Nintendo could have made Captain N and it would be a timeless classic by now with videoland and the metroid spaceship like the comic book plus an intriguing number of warpzones containing the entire maps of the most popular games , you would be RPG'ing in FF , helping Link in the zelda games escaping donkey kong in kongoland vampire zapping in castlevania and blast your way through olympus in kid icarus maybe even find the illegal Giana Sisters warpzone .
    Some aspects the series had was the castle and its hi-tech trash system there was also an episode where the castle security went haywire when motherbrain uplinked a virus so the security thought of everyone as an intruder but still granted a challenge . Sounds to me like great material , even The Wizard RPG sounded fun :D

http://www.listentome.net/games72.php

14. Synthccp

Haha Glad somebody sees my point i had this one for years , when i was a lill guy in the 80s i had futuristic visions of N going that direction and produce games like that , as i grew up i saw them adding boring puzzles and slow ingame manuals that cant be turned off or clicked past quickly , back in the 80s there was no such thing it was more like "gimmie the controller and let me explore all of this on my own" if they had the same mentality back then it would look like this :D [​IMG]

15. aliceandsven

That picture just single-handedly improved the quality of my day by about 5.1%, thank you so much!

16. Mitewing

I got an email from the writer of the Captain N article. He said the game was made up and a fake. It unfortunately never existed.