Not a Bug Castlevania Skin 5-1 Background Glitch

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by sonicmariofan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. sonicmariofan

sonicmariofan Level 3: Paratroopa

i was playing 3.0 as cutman and was in world 5-1 with castlevania skin with all cheats unlocked code and it was glitched and i did use all ground bricks cheat the graphics was glitched.

2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

That isn't enough though. Can you provide a screenshot, or reproduce it a second time?

3. sonicmariofan

i cant do that

4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Then we can't understand what you're talking about.

ThomasMink likes this.
  5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Could you at least specify how it was glitched? Were the tiles garbled? Were the palettes incorrect? Were the wrong tiles in the wrong places?

6. sonicmariofan

garbled graphics in the background

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I just played both SMB and SMBS 5-1 as Cut Man on the CV skin with ground-bricks on, and nothing looked out of the ordinary. A screenshot would be very helpful.

AGameReviewer, huang17, Rey D and 2 others like this.
  8. sbq92

I've never seen the background image get garbled (the way the system is set up I don't think it's even possible), so I'm going to guess this was simply a matter of a young kid's reaction to the old 8-bit graphics of Castlevania, which had some pretty strange graphics in some places. Here is the background in question:

cv_bg.png
    To someone who grew up in the era of Wii, PS3, and 360, that could very easily look like garbled graphics.

MissingNo2, Rey D and Dochobin like this.
  9. sonicmariofan

well i use an emulator to play classic games so it is truely garbled

10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Beyond the garbling are hidden mountain and forest.

11. sbq92

If it's not that, then I don't know what it is. A screenshot would be extremely helpful, or at least a more detailed description. The system for the backgrounds in the game is set up in such a way that the backgrounds shouldn't be able to get all garbled randomly. In my 3+ years of playing and testing this game I've never seen the background or graphics get garbled. It's not necessarily that I don't believe you, I just can't fix a problem I can't replicate.

12. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

Holy shit, what were the designers smoking when they came up with THAT? It DOES look like a garbled mess.

13. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I suppose it looks weird out of context.
    Go play the Castlevania and you'll see how it's actually greatly done.

ThomasMink likes this.
  14. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah those stupid designers working within 8-bit limitations, how dare they :p

luigiman64 and Faruga like this.
  15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Now that I think about it, I can almost see people in that mountain.

16. sonicmariofan

Lol, i dont have a problem with this anymore, if i do, then i can change the skin. :p