Challenge Sub-Forum Petition

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by aliceandsven, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Should there be a Challenge Sub-forum?

1. Yes, please

84.0%
  2. Indifferent

16.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Some challenges allow for multiple in-game difficulty settings, so that wouldn't quite work. Perhaps it will be easier than we think to assess the difficulty of the challenge by looking at what it is or by trying it out. I would at least suggest the challenges be attempted before any are labeled.

I also think the labels should probably not be the same as the in-game difficulties, just to avoid any possible confusion. They could be something like:
    • Very Easy
    • Easy
    • Average
    • Difficult
    • Very Difficult
    Okay, I know the first two are the same as in-game, but I don't know what else to put for "easy." Although, perhaps we shouldn't even have "very easy" and "easy" challenges. They are supposed to be challenges after all. :p

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ "Simple" for easy and "Piece of cake" for very easy. =w=

→ I agree. But I'm for "simple" because some challenges don't recquire a lot of skills (cf dead challenge called "Life collect challenge" or something so).

3. sbq92

I considered "simple" and "very simple," but I wasn't sure about them because technically "simple" relates to complexity, not difficulty. However, most people use it to mean "easy," so I guess that wouldn't really be a problem. I suppose we don't even necessarily need five different difficulties.
    • Simple
    • Average
    • Difficult
    • Extreme
    I think these four would work quite well.

EDIT: I just want to reiterate to make sure it's noticed: challenges should probably not be labeled by difficulty until they have been attempted and assessed by people.

Rey D likes this.
  4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Should there really be a "simple" or "easy" for something called Challenges?

5. sbq92

That was my initial thought, but Rey D pointed out that some are not quite so much difficult as they are just fun or interesting, such as the one where you just collect lives. That's not really hard, but it can still be fun and considered a "challenge."

aliceandsven likes this.
  6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe they could be rated 1-5 stars or something?

sbq92 likes this.
  7. sbq92

I think using stars is a good idea. One star would be easy, five would be really difficult.

I suppose the rating will need to be based either on the nature of the challenge itself or an average rating of difficulty. For example, the Time Attack challenge has variable difficulty settings and a whole bunch of different ways to play it, and there is a huge difference in difficulty whether you're playing 1-1 on Normal or World 5 on Very Hard. I suppose I'd probably label the Time Attack challenge at something like three stars, since many of the levels will be fairly easy, yet some of them would be extremely difficult.

8. Rey D

Patron

Hey guys, we've got that Challenges sub-forum, now. :D
    It's not totally ready yet, but it IS here.

That's what happens when I stalk on Jay's profile. I get some infos. :p

9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I can see it now!

10. Rey D

Patron

→ I suggest not making any thread on it before mods have moved the Challenges.

Hey someone (or more than one) could post the challenge threads on the Mod Drop Box (Name of challenge + :link:)! :D

aliceandsven likes this.
  11. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I'm awake now and I'll be moving all the threads over shortly.

uglyrodent likes this.