Change Requests

Discussion in 'Game' started by Faruga, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Here, you can say what you think should be changed. Not adding, not removing, just changing. I myself have two "change requests":
    • The path of the Star should be changed. Get one in the original SMB and you'll see what I mean.
    • Something I can't remember right now, I'll edit when I do.
    And anyone wanting changes to Rush gets this in their mouth:
    [​IMG]-BOOM!

2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, I know that there's already a thread talking about Megaman's jump, but I will say it here too: It should be raised. But Rush should still be in, because it's a character that is a mark to the series. So, it also should be raised, but not so overpowered.
    People then say "don't play as him if you don't like". But I think 90% of the people that says "the jump should be raised" or "Rush should be thrown away" likes Megaman a lot, same to Rush. This is my case. He's a great character, but his gameplay was "broken" in SMBC v1.1. I wait that it get solved in the small update.

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

"It sucks"
    "It's fine"
    "This is proof it sucks"
    "This is proof it's fine"
    "I don't like it"
    "Jay does"
    That's how it always goes, every single fucking time. So I thought I'd save us time and just do it all here.

I always thought it would be cool if Link's boomerang could grab items or coins if it hit a ? block.

4. fire sonic power

fire sonic power Level 7: Bloober

Im sticking to my idea, you can't just let something awesome as that pass away. "Srsly" playing as ourselves would be soo sweet.

5. first of all, first part is correct. and are you saying if there is a mushroom inside the block. and you boomerang hits it. you get the mushroom inside the block? how would that work out? or are you saying when it hits the block with the shroom in it, that it makes the shroom come out?

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

When it hits a block with a shroom in it, the shroom catches on the boomerang and comes back like if you hit a coin.

FSP, I think you got the wrong thread.

7. yeah he did, this isn't the add or remove it's the change

8. Faruga

Patron

Great idea!
    Also a great idea!

Where was this supposed to be, FSP?

9. bowsersenemy

bowsersenemy Level 3: Paratroopa

still hoping for mario's physics to get fixed. he doesn't skid right, and he either doesn't jump high enough, or his hitbox goes too low, or both. either way, try jumping the pirahna plants while running in 4-1 in SMBC and SMB and you'll see what i mean. in short, mario's too stiff. it feels almost like sonic the hedgehog 4 i guess. the physics are too tight, and need loosened. it's not game breaking, just anoying. very anoying. it's one reason i almost never use mario. the other being, if i want to use mario, why not play the original? i play SMBC for the sole purpose of enjoying OTHER characters instead... then again, i guess that's why mario hasn't been fixed yet.

10. Jcogginsa

Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

i'd like a change in the powerup loss system. currently, if you have a fire flower and get hit, you go to your normal state. i'd like it if you went to your mushroom state instead. also, bill needs an easy jump mode like simon

11. this is super mario bros. not super mario world,

might as well as for mario to have a cape and a laser gun while you're at it

12. bowsersenemy

@ both of you: super easy mode. in fire flower mode, taking damage takes you to mushroom mode.

@ Jcogginsa: agreed on easy jump for bill, but i've managed to make it through every level with his current jump.

13. SovereignII

SovereignII Level 3: Paratroopa

Some changes to megaman that would make him better.
    1: Buster Changes
    Start Charge up
    Mushroom Charge up storage ability from Mega man X I think.
    Fire-flower Gives mega man the ability like if he beat Fire Man By pressing A
    2: Rush Changes
    Rush Sprites
    Instead of pressing C to summon rush he is there all the time and staying near mega man at all times.
    Start: C for spring
    Mushroom: C and forward for Rocket board
    Fire flower: C and Down for Overload will destroy koopa troopers that touch him.

I hope every one likes these ideas for mega man plus I feel rush should be next to mega man all the time instead of teleporting in and out of the game.
    Plus when charging mega mans buster having to hold the button is a little bit of pain when hiting goomba's when jumping.

14. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Don't forget: Megaman and Megaman X aren't the same character. They are two different characters. Yeah, the movements and abilities are similar and the name of X was based on Megaman, but Megaman is one and X is other. Also only 8-bit characters (for now)

15. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

I said it once and I'll say it again: NONONONONONONONONO.

16. Darkseid

Darkseid Level 5: Spiny

He's on to something, it makes using the dog much easier.

17. phurgawtin

phurgawtin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

make link's downward thrust count as you stepping on a creature, unless it would hurt link to land on that creature.

18. bowsersenemy

or at least make it stronger, taking out even a paratroopa in one hit. you'd think getting a sword put through you would hurt more than getting jumped on. :p

19. Faruga

Patron

@SovereignII Those sprites are 16-bit and we're supposed to be doing 8-bit only for now. But on overall it's a good idea, only the "Overload" might make him overpowered.

20. again, JAY PAVLINA NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT USING 8-BIT ONLY!