Request Change SMB2's Koopa colors

Discussion in 'Features' started by MissingNo2, Dec 6, 2013.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I just noticed that the colors of the SMB2 Koopas don't necessarily match the theme of colors that SMB2 uses. Maybe change the green Koopas to red and the red Koopas to pink (NES) or blue (SNES)? The same could also apply to the Cobrats as well. As a preview;
    smb2 stuff.png

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This is an interesting idea. Technically, the green I used is a valid palette, but using the pink and blue could be more interesting. I think I'll replace the green with pink/blue, though, and leave the red as red. It would be too confusing to have the green Koopas and Piranha Plants colored red and have the red ones colored something else.

EDIT: I think I'll leave the SNES ones green. They are valid palettes, and I think they look better than the blue ones.

Faruga likes this.
  3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

The reason I supplied these of course is that the pink/blue was attributed in SMB2 to turn at edges while red just tumbled off edges. If you feel like it seems a tad odd as such, you could at least have the Shy Guys the appropriate color to match (which according to your explanation would be pink/blue).

Mitewing and ThomasMink like this.
  4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I actually decided to revert the colors back to green, since pink turtles and snakes was a bit odd in-game. I did decide to give the Cobrats the same palette as Wart, though. The green Koopas look too dark with Wart's palette, though, so I gave them the light-green color again. I also plan to leave the Shyguys red, since red is the more iconic color of Shyguys.